Monday, July 12, 2010

Kimberly's Crunchy Cruciferous Salad and Dressing

I am proud of this one! I made it all on my own the salad and the dressing! It was delicious too, though I can't say it's too filling. It did nothing for my tummy, and I had to eat a banana to take the edge of my hunger off. Anyway, if you would like a yummy and healthy treat - here goes!

I chopped up my red cabbage into small chunks and pulsed them in the food processor. I did this several times until it was all chopped. I have always loved red cabbage since I was a little girl. It's the color, I reckon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I cut about six broccoli florets up and added to the red cabbage.

Photobucket

The colors are different because of this poor lighting. Sometimes I use the ISO settings and sometimes I don't.

I chopped up just a piece of green bell pepper.

Photobucket

and I added just a little bit of regular salad I had left over, just so I could get rid of it. I wouldn't do this normally.

Photobucket

Now, if I had a head of cauliflower I would have chopped it up and added it.

In a glass I mixed about 1/2 cup of olive oil, a teaspoon of nutritional yeast (cheesy flavor), and a few grinds of the sea salt.

Photobucket

I added a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon (you might add more).

Photobucket

Then I grated some ginger and crushed a clove of garlic and added to the glass.

Photobucket

A dollop of mayonnaise....

Photobucket

and about 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoons of blended herbs...

Photobucket

just a pinch of turmeric (so healthy!) and paprika. 

Photobucket

and a bit of fresh chopped cilantro.

Photobucket

And I stirred it all up and thinned it with a bit of heavy cream. I am out of milk.

Photobucket

I poured it on the salad and mixed it through and through. (In hindsight I would have doubled the dressing. It didn't cover like I intended.)

Photobucket

And my husband and I had a nice salad for lunch. (He gave the dressing a BIG thumbs up.)

Photobucket

And we have some left over.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment