Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day Thirty Two of My Health Journey

I have lost my train of thought regarding keeping everything in order. I did not post Tues-day, because my husband took the camera with him. Yesterday the camera was dead, so it wouldn't transfer what photos I have on to the computer. I had to charge it yesterday, so let me see what all I remember.

Tues-day morning I had tea. I had a mixture of licorice root, elderberry and wild cherry bark tea. All of these ingredients are good for asthma. I use honey to sweeten my tea. This was the last of my honey, so I haven't drank anymore tea since then.

Photobucket

My husband drank Linden tea with sugar. Since he still has sugar he is still drinking tea, though he finished the Linden tea bags.

Photobucket

We each had a cup of tea with a banana for breakfast Tues-day.

Photobucket

As I said, my husband left after that, taking the camera with him, so I did not get to photograph what I ate for lunch, but I believe it was a spring salad (greens only) and a Gala apple. That night we had leftover soup.

Photobucket

Wednes-day morning we had juice. It contained celery, bok choy, an apple, carrots, and some peppers and cilantro I had left, some kale and a piece of garlic.

Photobucket

Here is the finished product. It only made one glass for each of us, as opposed to the usual 2 1/2 glasses that we normally drink.

Photobucket

Later in the day I had a spring salad (all greens)...

Photobucket

while my husband had a bowl of cooked oatmeal, which I forgot to photograph.

For supper Wednes-day night we had a homemade Philly steak sandwich, and here is where my camera went dead and I didn't get to photograph it. We had the same tonight (Thurs-day) for supper, and I forgot to photograph it, as well. I just haven't felt well these past couple of days! Ladies will understand what I am talking about.

Last night after I got the camera charged up I made us an oatmeal treat. I won't eat cooked oatmeal. I will only eat it crunchy as in a cookie or something like apple crisp. My husband was craving something sweet, and I can't deny I was too. We had not had a sweet since July 4 weekend, when I made the deep dish apple pie, so I figured we deserved a little treat. We will finish that off tonight.

Photobucket

I don't really have a recipe for it. I just added about 6 ounces of butter, a cup of brown sugar and a cup of oatmeal, mixed them together and placed them in a 375 degree oven, and kept adding flour all along until I got it thick enough. This snack was just kind of "winged" as they say. It was really good though. So sweet and crunchy!

I am still just about 13/14 pounds down. I haven't been quite as raw as I would have liked to. I am hoping to kick my rawness up a notch or two in September when my finances improve a little bit.

That's it for now. I just don't feel well today. Thanks for reading!

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment