Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day Seventeen of My Health Journey - and How to Make Green Juice

Well, I am feeling much better today! Since yesterday I have been like 99% raw (with the exception of my herby mayonnaise salad dressing. Oh, and my Welch's grape juice and Mott's apple juice! Yesterday I felt like I had been run over with a Mac truck, but as soon as I had my first glass of green juice I began to feel better - immediately! The fibromyalgia symptoms dwindled, though my asthma was still bad. Today, I am feeling alot better than I was yesterday, and I have been coughing up quite a bit of mucous. My system is cleaning itself out. I can't wait until I am fully recovered! I am so tempted to eat regular foods; they taste so good, but every time I do, I get sick. It it isn't the tummy rumbles and diarrhea then it's asthma and fibromyalgia attacks, and as bad as I hate to admit it - the regular food (Standard American Diet) just isn't worth it! No wonder it is called SAD. It's makes one's body so sad with toxins and sickness. Does this mean I am going to go at and stay 100%? Probably not. I do enjoy regular food and I know I am going to fail at being completely raw. I can't even get past my salad dressing now, though when I have more resources (money) I am going to try to make some raw vegannaise for my dressing - or I may try some avocado for creaminess. Without much money it's just very hard to do all these things.

I showed you yesterday the green juice that I made. After that I had a banana, and later on a fruit salad (with grapes, an apricot, and a plum.

Photobucket

Even later in the evening I made a smoothie out of a banana, a peach, some spinach and some filtered water.

It was packed full of goodness...

Photobucket

and came out nice and green.

Photobucket

When my husband came home we had a salad of spinach, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers. (Here is where I had the un-raw salad dressing, which I make.) It's so yummy though!

Photobucket

For snack we had a pear.

This morning I got up and made green juice again. Here's how.

In the blender I put a handful of spinach and parsley, along with some filtered water.

Photobucket

It will all blend up like this. It has liquid chlorophyll along with pulp.

Photobucket

I strain it through a coffee sock to get the pulp out.

Photobucket

And I came up with this much juice. (My pitcher is stained with kool-aid.)

Photobucket

I sat this aside.

In the juicer I juiced 2 stalks of celery, a cucumber, half of a lemon, some jalapeno pepper, a small clove of garlic, a Granny Smith apple, an orange and a tomato.

Photobucket

It yielded this much juice.

Photobucket

I combined this juice with the previous juice.

Photobucket

And it made three cups of juice...

Photobucket

and a meal for the guinea pigs.

Photobucket

The reason that I juice the spinach and parsley (or if I had mustard greens or kale of any leafy green vegetable) in the blender is because the juicer does a really good job on water based vegetables and fruits, but as far as leafy vegetables - it just chews them up and spits them out and very little of the chlorophyll is removed.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment