Friday, July 2, 2010

Day Thirteen of My Health Journey

We finally have some more raw here! My husband came in last night with cantaloupe, lots of greens,  some watermelon, some pears, some bananas, olive oil, sea salt and mayonnaise (for our dressings) and some chicken breasts. (I forgot to picture the pears.)

Photobucket

He called me and asked if I cared if he brought some chicken to put in our salad so I said OK. He lightly fried it though, and I think next time I will put mine in the George Foreman grill. Better yet, I told him that we should make the most part of our meat from the fungi family (mushrooms). They are so thick and meaty, and really trick the mind into thinking that they are meat. I love mushrooms, and they can be seasoned and grilled too.

Last night I made us each a salad (well I already had it made, but just added some more greens. Here they are.

Photobucket

Here is a close up of each of them.

His, with the zesty mustard dressing (mustard, milk, sugar, vinegar, blended herbs)...

Photobucket

And mine with the herby mayonnaise dressing (mayonnaise, milk, blended herbs)... YUM!

Photobucket

We had also added a little Parmesan cheese and an orange.

Then after supper I was putting the leftover salad into the refrigerator, and the lid came open and all the beautiful salad went into the floor. What a waste! I was so angry.

Last night we were really hungry. It must have been all that walking. We ate a banana, a whole slice of watermelon and a pear!

Today we have had a fruit salad (cantaloupe and nectarine) with a banana to the side, garnished with a bay leaf.

Photobucket

My weight hasn't changed (still twelve pounds lighter and eight for my husband), but since I am predominantly raw again, I expect that to change. I am feeling good today with lots of energy!

Off to have some greens!

Love,
Kimberly ♥

2 comments:

  1. Delicous and beautiful looking salads. It would be nice to know the recipe of the dressings. I bought a lot of raw stuff today, mostly greens, and frozen fruit for smoothies and I am wanting to make my own dressings. I am fine with just olive oil, vinegar, salt, garlic, ect. My the rest of my family doesn't like that. So looking for something yummy that they will like. Thx for sharing.

    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Larissa. They aren't raw, but I like a dressing too.

    My husband likes the mustard dressing:
    4 tbsp. dijon mustard
    2 tbsp. milk
    1/4 tbsp. vinegar
    2 tbsp. sugar
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. blended dry herbs

    And I like the mayonnaise dressing ( I don't really measure it.)
    Mayonnaise - a couple of tablespoons
    Milk (enough to thin the mayonnaise)
    dried blended herbs

    ReplyDelete