Friday, July 16, 2010

Day Twenty Six of My Health Journey, Soup Recipe and Adopted "Pet"

Wow, I have got a LONG post for you! I have not posted anything in the past two days! It's because I have been cleaning and organizing my kitchen. I will post pictures of that next week, probably. It always feels good to have an organized kitchen!

As far as what we have been eating, here it is, if I can remember correctly.

Tues-day night we ate some more of the cruciferous salad, which I had made and a fruit salad for supper.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And later that night we ate wasabi peas. I love this as a snack! Here is a Wikipedia link that tells what they are if you have never heard of them. They are hot, but they are oh so good!

Photobucket

Wednes-day we started our day with juice. Here's all the goodies that I put in the juice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This yielded this much (2 cups) green juice. I didn't photograph the complete juice.

Photobucket

In all my kitchen cleaning we made sandwiches....

chicken sandwiches...

Photobucket

and pastrami sandwiches...

Photobucket

Thurs-day morning we had a smoothie. It contained a banana, two handfuls of chopped pineapple, and a whole bunch of kale.

Photobucket

Here's the finished product.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also had more sandwiches.

Photobucket

Regarding the sandwiches, we don't use lettuce on our sandwiches most of the time. We usually use spinach, but this time since we had kale, we used it. The darker the green the healthier it is! We use Sargento cheese because they use non-animal rennets, not that I have anything against consuming animals - I sure do it! But, the problem I have with cheese is that most enzymes are from pork, which I do not eat.

For supper last night my husband made a delicious soup! I am sorry that I did not take detailed photos, as I do when I cook, but the kitchen is REALLY small, and two is definitely too many in it! However, the recipe is:

Joel's Davy Crockett Soup ©

1/2 of a small calabasa pumpkin chopped
1 potato (Idaho) chopped
2 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 onion chopped
3 leaves of kale chopped
1/2 stick of celery chopped
1/2 carrot chopped
2 cans of chicken broth (or homemade)
2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese
3 drops of Tabasco sauce

Had we have had it, he would also have added:

1 pinch of black pepper
a handful of chopped cilantro

Saute the garlic in the olive oil, then throw in the assorted vegetables. Add a pinch or two of sea salt. Add 2 cans of chicken broth (homemade is better). Let it simmer until it starts boiling. Add 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of heavy cream and let simmer 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Before serving add three drops of Tabasco sauce and serve.

Here's a photo of it. He's a mighty good cook! In fact, when I am in school, he does a great deal of cooking!

Photobucket

We finished the night with a pear each. This is two pears all chopped up with the seeds. Pear seeds are healthy and easy to digest.

Photobucket

This morning we had more juice. Here's the ingredients.

Photobucket

And here's the juice.

Photobucket

As far as my weight loss, the sandwiches added three pounds back, but I am sure it's probably fluids.

I also wanted to share with you our other little pet. We have four guinea pigs and a hamster, and we have kind of adopted this one, as well - until we can catch him in a humane manner and put him out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can barely see him walking on the edge of Simcha's cage here.

Photobucket

He stays behind our window curtain in the bedroom and eats with Simcha, the hamster. I have to clean around the window alot, but as long as he stays out of my kitchen and Simcha doesn't mind the company, then I am OK with him.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment