Monday, July 12, 2010

Day Twenty Two of My Health Journey

Well I am doing good today. I REREACHED my 14 pound mark. If you remember I lost 14 1/2 pound right off the bat, THEN the Fourth of July came - and so did the apple pie, the hot dogs, the hamburgers, the chips and the ice cream, and along with that came the pounds back! But it's all good - now I am back down and not looking back (though I am making some home made vanilla ice cream later if nothing happens). My husband LOVES vanilla ice cream and he's been such a good sport with this raw journey (though not completely raw) I decided to reward him with some ice cream, which I know what it going into it. That's the best kind. These manufacturers sneak all kinds of things in our food! I think it was a trick though. My husband usually buys a small heavy cream, but this time bought a large one - knowing that I would have to be inventive in what to do with it.

Yesterday, I had some left over salad with my herby mayonnaise dressing, then when my husband came home he had a chicken breast, which he made with some green beans.

Photobucket

There was a sprig of raw cilantro on the side, but I ate it before I remembered to take the picture. That was a really nice and light meal. The gravy was bad (unhealthy), but it didn't taste bad at the time.

After supper we had a big fruit salad. I have been enjoying my fruit salads. They are so delicious and filling! That's my kind of food!

Photobucket

This one had a Gala apple, a nectarine, some cantaloupe,a banana and an orange. (I didn't eat all that - half went to my husband.)

This morning we started our day out with juice. It contained:

about three stems/leaves of bok choy, a piece of green bell pepper, some cilantro, a small cucumber and a broccoli stalk,

Photobucket

three carrots,

Photobucket

two apples, an orange, two slices of cantaloupe, a tomato, 1/2 lemon (with peeling), a clove or garlic and a piece of ginger.

Photobucket

Then I remembered that I had forgotten the celery, so I drug three pieces of celery out (cut in half here).

Photobucket

It ended up looking like this.

Photobucket

All that made just about a half gallon. We each had about twenty ounces, which kept our tummies full for several hours.

Then we had our cup of ginger tea, which kept us full another while.

For lunch we had Kimberly's Crunchy Cruciferous Salad with Kimberly's Dressing and a banana (my husband had two bananas). That's right - it's all my concoction and it was yummy! I am not going to ruin the posting surprise with a picture here though, but you can  go here for the recipe.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment