Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day Twelve of Health Journey - and a Trip to the Dentist

Finally some raw food in the house! Last night my husband brought me some chicory lettuce, some tomatoes, some oranges, some nectarines and some watermelons. Yum!

Photobucket

I immediately cut up that head of lettuce and those tomatoes, a little bit of onion I had here and some garlic, and made a large salad!

Photobucket

I served one for my husband and one for myself.

Photobucket

Here is a close-up before I added the dressing... (I also added some orange.)

Photobucket

and here is one with the dressing...

Photobucket

The dressing isn't raw, but it is home made. I didn't really like it too good, as I like the mayonnaise and herb based dressings, but my husband loved it! Here's the recipe:

4 tbsp. dijon mustard
2 tbsp. milk
1/4 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. blended dry herbs

Today I have had a nectarine. I have a confession to make. Last night I made a batch of sugar cookies. The only thing that we had in the house yesterday, prior to my husband coming home with the raw foods (thank Yah) was the ingredients to make biscuits or cookies. I really didn't want to eat more biscuits, so I made that batch of cookies and we munched on them last night and we also had some for breakfast. I won't do that again. I am now out of flour. :)

Still, I have been doing good with the calorie count, and had lost another pound this morning, I think. I actually have forgotten what I weighed yesterday - but I am pretty sure I lost a pound. I felt really good today. I had a dentist appointment that I had to go to. See? ....

Photobucket

The office was totally empty! Barely any wait - that's how I like it.

Photobucket

Oh I want to show you his restroom door. This is the tiniest bathroom I have ever been in, I think! If you are claustrophobic then you definitely can't use his restroom!

Photobucket

I took the bus most of the way home after I was finished, but got off early and walked the rest of the way, of which I will post the pictures in the next post. Don't miss it! Experience the beautiful creation of YHWH with me!

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment