Friday, July 23, 2010

Day Thirty Three of My Health Journey, a Tour of My Kitchen and an Old Photo of the Bronx

Greetings everyone! I am not feeling too well today. It's kind of a mixture of things. Allergies are one of the things. I just got over a bout of getting dust in my eyes. It felt more like sand in there! But I have the runny nose and sneeziness and all that accompanies it. I hope that the rest of you are well!

As far as what I have eaten, last night I had the sandwich and the oatmeal treat, which I mentioned yesterday, and today I have had nothing but my water. Just ice cold filtered water!

I keep some by my side in an insulated cup all the time.

Photobucket

I really haven't been that hungry today, but it's now just about 4 pm and I am actually getting a little hungry. I don't know if my husband and I will make this a water fast or if he will want to eat something later. We'll see, and I will report later!

I promised last week that this week I would show my kitchen. Well, here it is.

To start with, I have a white desk in my kitchen, which I keep a few of my appliances on. My kitchen is so small that I use the underneath of the desk for storage. It was a mess! This is before. Just about everything here I threw away. I gave my husband the bicycle pump to put someplace else.

Photobucket

If you look in this older picture, taken last year, where the coffee pot is, I have a little white shelf. Well, the coffee pot is no more! I threw it in the trash! I stopped drinking coffee, and my husband barely drinks it anymore, as now he enjoys tea, and when he does he prefers to make it in the coffee sock, so that was one appliance I was glad to be rid of!

Photobucket

Well, I took that little shelf, removed the shelves from it, turned it on its side and slid it under the desk and placed my appliances on it. I really like how it turned out.

Photobucket

This is the top of the desk. I love its shabby chicness.

Photobucket

I also cleaned out my cabinets. I forgot to take before photos, but I promise that they were a mess!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hung up a spice rack, which I had neglected to do since I repainted last summer.

Photobucket

This gave me more room in my cabinets.

Photobucket

I took the table cloth and place mats off the table for a fresh new look, and made my husband move his radio.

Photobucket

Just ignore the crudeness around the A/C unit. Last year I made a little dressing to put around it, but didn't put it back up this year.

Photobucket

Also don't pay any attention to the curtain. I just have it pulled to one side right now because the hook broke on the tie back on the right side. I have to sew that back.

Photobucket

I brought a little plastic shelving unit, which I had in the bathroom, to the kitchen and have placed a lot of my pots and pans and lids in it, as well as some jars of stuff (dates, nutritional yeast, my husband's coffee). I really like the organization now, and think that it will be easier to keep clean. I really had no where for my pots and pans before, and they were stacked up on my oven.

Photobucket

 Here are the pots and pans that were stacked up on my oven before. I HATED that.

Photobucket

As far as around the stove, sink and refrigerator, it still looks the same.

Here are some older photos, which I took last year, which really hasn't changed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here's an old photo of the Bronx (Grand Concourse and Fordham) that my husband showed me last night, and I wanted to share with you. I love nostalgic things like this!

Photobucket

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment