Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day Twenty Three of My Health Journey

I am having a  super day today. I slept in and still have my chores to do (that's not good) but I have met one of my Facebook friends on the phone now. She lives in New York City also, and we are planning to meet up in a couple of months when I actually have some funds to go out and have some fun. Yay! My first NYC friend! I am excited! It's been a lonely five years here.

As for my journey - yesterday after my husband and I had the Kimberly's Crunchy Cruciferious Salad and a banana, my husband made some chicken gizzards to eat. I have to say that they do kind of look good - they are so brown and nice, but I don't eat organ meat - especially gizzards! GROSS! YHWH made them to grind up food - not to eat. They are the equivalent of teeth inside of a stomach! Wikipedia has this to say about them: "The gizzard, also referred to as the ventriculus, gastric mill, and gigerium, is an organ found in the digestive tract of some animals, including birds, reptiles, earthworms and some fish. This specialized stomach constructed of thick, muscular walls is used for grinding up food; often rocks are also instrumental in this process. In certain insects and mollusks, the gizzard features chitinous plates or teeth." Nope, I'm not going to eat any gizzards! Kosher.com sells them, so they must be a clean food, but they aren't kosher in my book! Anyway, here is what slid down my husband's digestive tract last night.

Photobucket

He kept trying to force  coerce me to take a bite, but I stood firm on my ground, and when he had finished in the kitchen I made some broccoli soup. I made it on my own - no recipe, so you can get the recipe here.

This is the little tiny bit my husband ate, sine he has already stuffed himself with chicken organs.

Photobucket

It got a bit thumbs up from him!

After that, I made some homemade ice cream, which you can find here. I cut up half of a banana in mine (too bad we didn't have chocolate syrup) and at the other half of the banana without the ice cream. It was yummy!

My husband had an egg this morning...

Photobucket

But I wasn't in an egg mood today all I have had is my ginger tea, LOTS of filtered cold water, and a bowl of my Kimberly's Crunchy Cruciferous Salad. I am just a tad hungry now, but not too bad. I lost 1/2 pound when I weighed today, making my weight officially what it was when I lost the first week - down 14 1/2 pounds! Yay! I know I probably shouldn't weigh every day, but it encourages me - plus if I gain a couple of pounds, I know I have to do something before it starts going up really bad - like it did over the Independence Day weekend.

Well, I am going to go and post the posts regarding the broccoli soup and the ice cream. See you there!

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment