Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home Made Ice Cream

I like to make my own ice cream, especially since I found out that companies are adding pork to it. We always buy Breyers or Edy's, which are suppose to be safe, but I still like to make my own ice cream, because I KNOW what is going into it.
Last year I was in Kmart and found this little ice cream maker for about $30. I really love it, because I don't have to buy ice or rock salt and pack the ice cream makder full and deal with the clean up, and it's really small and easy to store. I just take the bottom part (the bowl), which is filled with some type of liquid, and freeze it prior to use. It's that simple! The actual bowl is frozen rather than to have to buy and pack ice, and it works really well too.

Photobucket

The motor us in the lid, and a paddle accompanies it.

Photobucket

The lid has a little spindle, which the paddle slips on to...

Photobucket

like this...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once your bowl is frozen and the paddle is attached, you are all ready!

For the ingredients, I used:

  • 2 1/4 cups of heavy cream. (The recipe called for 2 cups, but I had 1/4 left so I added it.)
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla

Photobucket

After I had gotten all that stirred together and added to the bowl I attached the lid, which just twists on. There are a couple of notches you have to put the lid in and then twist. It's so easy!

Photobucket

I turned the power on and waited 20 minutes and then it looked like this.

Photobucket

Here's mine with banana slices.

Photobucket

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment