Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day Sixteen of My Health Journey - and the Great Smokey Mountains

Well, I learned my lesson. I veered off the health path this weekend to celebrate the Fourth. I had told my husband that I would eat more regularly with him on the weekends, but this weekend we had hamburgers, hotdogs (all beef), fried chicken wings, potato chips, an omelet, bread and the pie that I made - and some ice cream. Today I am paying for it! My asthma is acting up very badly. Yesterday we cleaned, so I would normally attribute my asthma to an allergy trigger, but I am sick in bed. I am weak... I am achy... and it hurts to even touch my skin! You can read about the condition here. It's called tactile allodynia. I am having a full blown asthma attack AND a full blown fibromyalgia attack. As I type my husband is gone to get me some fruits and vegetables. I am planning on this week being very strict with my raw diet. I definitely need to detox, because I am feeling very toxic at the moment! It's so ironic, because yesterday I was feeling so good and got so much done.

As far as my weight goes, I gained about two pounds this weekend from eating all that junk, but my swelling has returned to my legs, so I am pretty sure that all the weight I have gained back is mostly fluid.

I haven't taken any photos to share with you today - well I did take some of my bedroom yesterday, but want to wait to finish photographing it and put it in one post, so technically, I have nothing to share today, but I leave you with these beautiful and refreshing videos, which were recorded not that far from my hometown in Tennessee. I guess I am a bit homesick.







 YHWH's creation is so majestic!

And just as I put those videos here my husband came in with some fruits and vegetables, which I did photograph and will add here, but I will still leave the videos, because they are so peaceful and beautiful.

He brought me apple juice (Mott's), grape juice (Welch's) - neither are raw, but I think they will help me knock this illness out, nevertheless. He brought me celery, parsley, spinach, canteloupe, nectarines, peaches, plums, lemons, apricots,pears, grapes, tomatoes, oranges and cucumbers. Yum!!

Photobucket

 Here's a couple of closeups so you can see better.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the first thing i did with them was to make some green juice. When I had bronchitis back in the spring I drank lots of green juice and ate lots of ginger and it knocked the bronchitis out in two and a half days. I am a firm believer that these things knocks what ails you right out!

Photobucket

Since I drank the green juice the fibromyalgia symptoms have already lessened, but the asthma is going to take a while. My lungs are totally congested! 

Sorry about the confusion with the pictures, but I have to say I am so glad I had some to show you. I hate posting without some eye candy. That's what makes the blog interesting, in my opinion.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment