Thursday, March 18, 2010

What a Day! What a Past Three Months For that Matter, LOL!!

I was going to do post another recipe today, but as we were walking to the grocery store this morning we noticed a leak downstairs in the hallway. This is the third leak we have had in three months. Actually, the landlord was here last week and replaced a pipe, but, honestly, I believe he replaced the wrong one. The first one was under the bathtub in the drain pipe. The most recent two were in the kitchen in the drain pipe. He came last week and changed one pipe, but today had to return with a plumber, because it was actually a pipe inside the wall that was leaking. Hopefully now everything is fixed!

This is the damage from the previous two leaks.

This is a door that the landlord installed, just incase there was a leak under the bathtub. He was smart to do that.

Photobucket

However, the leak did not care about the bounds of the trapdoor and expanded to the corner of the upstairs floor.

Photobucket

Here is where the wall was damaged last week from the kitchen leak.

Photobucket

And this is what we saw this morning on the way to the grocery store - only at that time it looked like a balloon in the wall. There was a puddle in the floor too.

Photobucket

So here came everything out of the cabinet.... varnish, stain, boxes, my iron, spackling -- I don't know what all is under there.

Photobucket

And there went the landlord with all his tools...

Photobucket

cutting out the wall behind my cabinet!! There has been a leak here before. See where it has been cut out and patched up? That happened before I moved here.

Photobucket

My husband is in the kitchen now trying to patch our new hole as I type.

This is a poor picture. I apologize. It's dark in that cabinet after the sun does down.

Photobucket

Here's my hard worker. He's shy! One day I will get his face though. :)

Photobucket

Hopefully tomorrow I will get to post something more interesting.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment