Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe

I have one pound of chicken, which I have boiled and cut into bite size pieces and laid in the bottom of a casserole dish (9 x 9). I also sprinkled some salt, pepper, oregano and assorted dried herbs and some cayenne pepper on it. (All to your taste)

I am a little embarrassed. All my posts, pans and dishes are clean, but they are all stained from so much baking. I guess it just shows that they are well-loved.

Photobucket

In another pot, while the chicken was boiling, I had a head of broccoli boiling in a little salt and butter. I drained it and added it as the next layer to the chicken.

Photobucket

Next I added a layer of portabella mushrooms, which I had sliced as the chicken and broccoli cooked.

Photobucket

Then I added two cans of Campbell's cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup.

Photobucket

I cooked a box of Stove Top chicken flavored stuffing as directed on the box, except I added about a tablespoon of vegetable oil, in addition to the butter. I layered this on top of the casserole and let it bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until crispy and brown - about 15 to 20 minutes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is one of my husband's and my favorite dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment