Thursday, March 25, 2010

Inspiration for Healthy Eating

Well, today was my shopping day. We did not go to the usual produce market, as I wanted a durian, and aside from going all the way to China Town in Manhattan, this is the only place I know of to get one.

Here is what I bought today.

My husband wanted a steamer.

Photobucket

I got some Chinese herbal teas, and some paprika and some turmeric spices.

Photobucket

We got lots of noodles, because we like lots of Chinese food!

Photobucket

I got carrots, green onions, cilantro and snow peas.

Photobucket

And this was the purpose of my whoe trip - a durian! Mmmmmm!!

Photobucket

Pictured here is mustard greens, collard greens, bok choy and green beans.

Photobucket

This is how I store my greens. I take the leaves off the stalks and store them flat, and I bag up the stalks to juice.

Photobucket

In this photo, there are two young coconuts, 2 sugar cane stalks, and a sprig of flowered chives.

Photobucket

Gala apples, Granny Smith apples, mangoes, dates, peppers and bananas...

Photobucket

Spinach, avocados, eggplants, peppers, and mushrooms (portabella and shitake).

Photobucket

Tangerines and plantains...

Photobucket

And I got two new tea cups... I love these cups!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here are all three of my cups together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope this has been a little bit of inspiration for eating healthy.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment