Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another Recipe for Dehydrated Zucchini Chips

I wanted to make fake bacon. I had a zucchini left over from my pasta and decided to try the famous fakin' bacon that so many raw foodists have raved over. But, it is not a good medium to make fakin' bacon. It isn't even the right color. I am going to attempt it later on with eggplant, because it is more spongier and soaks up the flavor better, I have read. Nevertheless, here is the recipe.

I used 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1 tsp. of hickory flavored liquid smoke, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, 2 tbsp. of honey 1 tsp. of red wine and 1/4 tsp. of black ground pepper.

017

I mixed it all together well.

018

And sliced the zucchini up very thinly, poured the mixture over the slices and let them marinate for about 3 - 5 hours.

002
I laid them on waxpaper, and let them dry for about 12 hours.

Here they are finished. They taste good, but not like bacon.

028

No comments:

Post a Comment