Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sugar - The Bitter Truth -- Dr. Robert H. Lustig

Yesterday I posted a few tutorials on how to make biscuits and cinnamon buns. I have to say that there won't be much of that, because my husband and I largely eat raw. I had some eggs that I needed to get rid of, due to craving a pan of cornbread last week so I made some deviled eggs, and my husband bought a large bag of flour the other day to bread some chicken, and that needed to be gotten rid of, but normally I don't bake a whole lot - I may bake like this once every 3 - 6 months. And that's why I put the recipes/tutorials up - for those who may eat cooked foods in moderation. I am from Tennessee, and find that alot of people in the north don't know about how to make freshly baked biscuits, so hopefully they will help someone. While they are not the healthiest thing in the world to eat - they are definitely better than anything that can be bought in a can. And honestly, when I get a break from school - I just desire to bake. I believe it is a nostalgia thing. My grandmother was always baking something when I was little.

In reality, after studying alot of health and nutrition videos, (and I am guilty of this myself) eating meats, dairy, bread and sugar is the worst thing we can do for our health. This particular video explores the dangers of sugar, especially in soft drinks.

We don't drink too many soft drinks. I mostly drink either filtered water or juice (and he even talks about juice as being dangerous here), but this video has made me think twice about even having the occasional soda.

May you learn from it as I did.

With Love,
Kimberly ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment