Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How to Make Cornbread

I love cornbread. I have been eating cornbread as long as I can remember. My grandmother use to make it and we would eat it with butter or crumbled up in a glass of milk. It's the best thing!

I don't have too many pictures for this tutorial, but it's really simple.

You need 2 cups of self rising flour in a bowl. Add one egg, which has been slightly beaten and enough milk to get it good and moist. You can use buttermilk too, which I do if I have any. I don't measure the milk - I just go by the looks of the batter.

Pour it in a pan or a skillet. I have two skillets because I like my cornbread unsweetened. My husband has to have his sweet, so I divide it into two pans and add about 1/4 cup of sugar to his.

Photobucket

Put it in an oven, which has been preheated at 450 degrees and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes (depending on your pan) or until golden brown.

It should look like this when finished.

Photobucket

My husband's stuck just a little bit to the pan, but it still tastes the same. :) His pan is smaller, because he can eat it unsweetened if he has to, but I can't eat it sweetened at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment