Saturday, March 13, 2010

How to Make Raw Spaghetti/Pasta

I said spaghetti/pasta, because I don't have a saladacco/spiralizer, so mine looks more like linguine, but here's how I made it.

Take your zuchinni (washed) and if you have a saladacco, then that's great! If not, use an old fashioned peeler, as I did, to make your pasta.I actually peeled two zucchinis.

001

They should look like this (if you used a peeler).

002

Set your pasta aside.

You should have 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes, which have been soaked in warm water for at least 3 hours to soften.

003
Squeeze out the water out of them and place them in your food processor.

004

Chop up one raw tomato (large or about 1 1/2 - 2 cups) and place in the food processor with the sun dried tomatoes.

005

Slice up just a little red bell pepper and place in the food processor. I am not showing it in the food processor here, because it won't show up against the tomatoes. It's probably about 1/4 cup.

006

Dice up equal parts and set aside. We don't want to process this, but we will add it later to give the sauce a crunch.

007

Add some oregano. This is a large soup spoon for referrence.

008

Add one date to sweeten the sauce.

009

Add in 1/4 cup of olive oil.

010

Add one shallot, peeled.

011

Put in salt and pepper to taste.

012

Blend it up.

014

Add the diced pepper to your sauce.

I have 4 portabella mushrooms, which I had sliced and set aside. This is the "meat".

013

*Note: I forgot to add the clove of garlic, and my husband came in and doctored it a little to his taste. He added 1 tsp. of red wine, garlic powder, onion powder, some dried parsley and some tyme.

Serve it like it is....

015

Or do like we did. My husband said he wanted his mushrooms sauteed, so we did eat them cooked. He sauteed them, along with cilantro, in garlic, olive oil, sea salt and garlic powder.

016

It was seasoned with a little nutritional yeast and a little Parmesan cheese, and it was delicious!

This is our new favorite dish, and I think we will have it regularly from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment