Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Our Trip to Manhattan on March 17, 2010 Part 1

Today we went to Manhattan. By bus or train we live about an hour or an hour and a half from Manhattan, depending on which part. We don't get to go alot. We probably go about 4 or 5 times a year, if even that much.

Before we got to go, we had to walk to the post office and mail a couple of items. I will show you some interesting things on the way to the post office.

Click the pictures to see the full photo. Blogspot cuts them off for some reason.

The next two photos are of a small park one block from my apartment. It's really nice and quiet there. I like to go there sometimes and just watch the birds.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is an old store along the way. It is full of things. He always has something different there - mostly salvaged nautical parts.

Photobucket

This is Morris the cat. I believe he is the oldest cat on the island. Such a sweetie he is!

Photobucket

We made it to the post office we use.

Photobucket

Straight across from the post office is the school. They have this replica of a ship in front. I love ships, so took it's picture.

Photobucket

At this point we got on the bus and went to the train station to transfer to this bus.

Photobucket

We got on at 34th Street, not too far down from the Empire State Building. When I moved here five years ago, I actually went up to the observation deck.

Photobucket

I thought that the next photos are kind of interesting. I took them in the windows of a fossil shop.

Photobucket

Here is a close up of that fish.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is kind of hard to see, as everything was reflecting in the window.

Photobucket

These are gems.

Photobucket

These are what are called, I believe, siphons (sea worms that live in long tubes), and snails.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this is a spider and some insects, which he had preserved.

Photobucket

This is the famous Macy's Store.

Photobucket

I just took the next few pictures to show how crowded it was. Manhattan is crowded any day, but going on St. Patrick's Day (we don't celebrate it) makes it even worse.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the Manhattan Mall.

Photobucket

This is one of my favorite stores in Manhattan - lots of bargains there, though most things are way over 99 cents like they claim.

Photobucket

Here is a small park in Manhattan. If I am not mistaken, I believe it is called Greeley Square or Greeley Park.

Photobucket

This is just a building that I liked the architecture. I have several of those kind of pictures here.

Photobucket

This is another one.

Photobucket

This is the Metropolitan Life Building and some other buildings.

Photobucket

These are some other buildings, which are by the Metropolitan Life Building.

Photobucket

I am going to cut it off right here, and continue in a new post so that I don't get a post too large since I took so many pictures.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment