Thursday, June 24, 2010

Healthy Soup

I broke down and made a bowl of soup. I was a little hungry, but not that bad - but it just kept nagging at me. I had a jar of chicken stock in the refrigerator and it kept calling my name!

Here's the ingredients:

Photobucket

  • just about a pint of chicken stock
  • 2 green onion leaves (I am saving the bulbous ends for the lo mein tonight)
  • 1 broccoli stalk
  • 1 jalapeno pepper I found about to shrivel up
  • 2 portabella mushrooms
 I peeled the broccoli stem and sliced it into coins, cut the jalapeno pepper in half and deseeded it, cut the green onions up and sliced the mushrooms.

Photobucket

Put everything in a pot (my pot's stained).

Photobucket

Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes and remove the jalapeno pepper. It is only for flavor and you don't want your soup too hot. Just toss them.

Photobucket

Cook another 15 minutes over medium heat or until everything is tender and enjoy.

Photobucket

The jalapeno pepper in this recipe is good for congestion or colds. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks YUMMY and healthful as well. I really like your Blog Kimberly! Great music too! The best of everything!

    ReplyDelete