Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day Seven of My Health Journey - and Some Videos on the Harmful Effects of Meat

I am having a really good day today, much better than I can say for last night - which I will get into in a minute, but I woke up with lots of energy this morning and really feel good. If it had not been that today was the Sabbath, I think I could have cleaned my apartment from top to bottom with ease!

Yesterday, I really wasn't that hungry in the afternoon, but my husband ran across the street and got me some bananas before he left, and he also brought back a persimmons, which is one of my favorite fruits!

They look like this.

Photobucket

And they are really firm, so I place them upside down and make four cuts through them like this.

Photobucket

Then I break them in half like this - then the rest of the pieces just pull apart easily.

Photobucket

My husband and I shared this little dish, which is garnished with basil, which I also love to eat.

Photobucket

I had half of this yesterday afternoon, then I had a banana, and then later had a smoothie (made from a banana, an orange and some filtered water). When I make an orange smoothie I just peel it and throw the seeds in. It will blend up so that they are manageable enough to chew. Seeds have lots of nutrition. I also try to leave as much of the white pith on as I can, as well, as it is nutrient rich.

Photobucket

My husband came home before the start of the Sabbath and put this chicken on to roast, accompanied with a potato, as I had promised him that we would partake of meats on the weekends.

Photobucket

Here are a few shots of it after it was finished.

Photobucket

Photobucket

To be honest, I was anticipating sinking my teeth into some meat, as I had not had any since Satur-day of last week (six days), other than a couple of fried eggs. That chicken looked good, and I had a good serving, which my husband put on my plate. (Though the colors are similar, and it's hard to tell, there is actually a half of potato here - it's not ALL chicken - and I also had a slice of whole wheat bread, and a banana later.)

Photobucket

And it was so juicy and yummy! I thoroughly enjoyed it, however, after a few hours my tummy was telling me that it disliked the chicken very much. I had stomach cramps and diarrhea, as well as did my husband.  We paid for eating that greasy chicken!

Today, to my surprise, I had still lost my one pound, which makes 11 pounds this week! I was very happy! I was feeling very good and energetic, as well. My husband now tells me that my face is glowing too - I rarely ever wear make up, so it's the skin. I am well pleased with how my high raw journey is going!

Today, we have been watching some videos on the damage meat does to one's body. It causes cancer, it causes loss in calcium and it causes heart attacks, among other things. Here are the videos, which we watched. (Pause the music above to watch.)





There is another video, which I watched last year, in which a doctor brought to a lecture body organs from autopsies, which were damaged from fat. I have been trying to find that one to add, but so far nothing... If I find it I will post it, as well.

After getting sick from the greasy chicken and seeing these videos (I have seen Dr, Klapper a few times before) I am kind of really down on meat and think I will choose the meaty mushroom from now on for my meat. I am not saying that I will never eat meat again, but I think it will surely be limited.

As for today, so far - I have eaten a banana, an apple (minus the few bites that I have my husband and the guinea pigs) and a piece of whole wheat bread. I am hungry now, so I will find something else to eat soon. It's 7:22 now. There's not much food here today, and we did not go to the store. We have one apple, a half of loaf of bread or less, some turkey bacon and a potato, so I don't know what I will have to give into and eat - maybe some turkey bacon, after all (I am so hungry), but I'm still down on meat and its effects right now.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment