Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Day of Raw

I know that I had planned yesterday to go raw, but my husband unexpectedly came in before the Sabbath started Fri-day evening and made a delicious chicken fricassee stew, so there were leftovers that needed to be eaten yesterday. Today we have gone raw. I am not sure how my husband is going to do with the mono meals. He went to the store for us and stocked up on some apples for today and came home and ate one, but he was feeling very bad and wanted me to make some juice so I have had about 8 ounces of juice today, and he had probably about 16 ounces. We juiced a pound of carrots, 1 1/2 green bell peppers, a Gala apple, a clove or garlic, a sprig of parsley and 2 tomatoes.

Other than that, it's 6:08 p.m. as I write, and I have only had two Gala apples chopped up today.

Photobucket

Sometimes I put plain cinnamon on them, and sometimes I put Frontier Apple Pie Spice on them.

Photobucket

It contains cinnamon, fenugreek, lemon peel, ginger, cloves and nutmeg - all organic, and it definitely dressed up an apple. Raisins are also yummy to add, but I didn't because I am staying as mono with my eating right now as I can. I said that this is a touch and go thing, so we will see - but I am definitely going to make the effort to stay raw for a while. It's hard but so worth it! As i said, my husband is having a rough time due to a medical condition - so I guess alot depends on him and I will have to follow his lead.

As of right now I am feeling a little hungry. It's been so long since I have only had fruits and vegetables in my stomach that it will take a while to adapt. Smoothies are very filling, so we might start having more of those. The thing is that right now I want to stay under 1,000 calories a day - to kind of kick start my weight loss and also the less you put into your body the faster it detoxes and heals. I am also drinking lots of filtered ice water, which helps with the process. Other than that - this has been a bad day for me, as well as for my husband. I have just wanted to be lazy today. I have no motivation at all. Maybe it's the heat - it's 92 in New York today, or it probably is that today I started my cycle. I am sorry to be so blunt here, but I said the other day that I will be reporting how I feel as I go on this endeavor, and so that is part of it. Also, it might help some women, who want to go raw to understand these things.

Going raw is definitely a discipline, but I feel that eating in itself is a discipline. Philippians 3:19 says that our bellies can become our gods, and I think that has been true for me a lot. I always think about what am I going to eat and I fear hunger. I use to not be that way. There was a time when every Sabbath (Fri-day evening to Satur-day evening) I would fast, but I haven't done that in a few years. The last few years I have only fasted on Yom Kippur, because it is commanded. It's something that one has to do - to bring his or her body into subjection. I am not saying that it is evil to eat - we were designed to eat, but what I saying is that man has made food so important in their lives. YHWH created us to eat to stay alive, and He made it taste great, but there is such thing as moderation. Thinking of foods to eat can grow to the point it becomes lust of the flesh. Remember the Hebrew people in the wilderness. YHWH was feeding them with manna, and they wanted cucumbers, leeks, garlic and flesh that they had eaten back in Egypt. YHWH gave them flesh to eat and afterwards they died because of their lusts. I think that is what Philippians 3:19 means when it says, "Whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things. It's now scientifically proven that people who eat less live the longest. This link, of course, is about a study done on monkeys and suggests the same effect on humans, but Paul Nison has interviewed more than a few people who eat less and who are over 100 and are healthy. The proof is in the pudding, so they say. Which brings me to my point - and this is only for the believers who are reading this post - we are to worship YHWH. We worship Him not by going to a church every week and hearing a sermon and singing a few hymns, but we worship Him in our daily lives by watching out for our lusts. Paul says that it's a battle. Our mind is willing but our flesh is not. Lustful eating causes  people to be overweight, sick and tired. How can we worship Him if we are like that? How can we glorify Him if we are like that? His glory is in that He created beautiful, healthy human beings to be in His image, and He's not overweight or sick. We simply must get a handle on our diets to honor and shine for Him, myself included.

I am sorry I got to rambling, but that's the way I feel today.

Love,
Kimberly  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment