Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Apple Banana Smoothie (Can use with latkes too - healthy!)

I am almost out of raw foods right now. I haven't been shopping in a while, and if you have seen my other posts, you know that I shop pretty much in bulk for them. It's time for me to go again! So, today I just made a smoothie from two green Granny Smith apples and two bananas. Usually, I like to throw in at least some spinach, but I'm out. This is the first time that I ever tried just apple and banana alone, and it turned out to taste just like apple sauce.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, I am not that fond of apple sauce - never have been, even when I was a kid, so this was not one of my favorite smoothies, but I did discover another use for this. We love to eat Jewish foods at times, and we sometimes make latkes (I will share a really easy recipe for that some day) and we like to eat the traditional apple sauce on them. This turned out the consistency of apple sauce, and tastes just like apple sauce - I couldn't taste the bananas at all, so I know where to get healthy apple sauce now.

We usually buy Mott's apple sauce, but here are the ingredients on the label for it:

Ingredients:

Apples, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).


Here's my view on that. Why would I want an apple sauce, which has added high fructose corn syrup, which causes many health problems, when I can have the natural, healthy stuff I can make very easily at home?

Enjoy!

Love,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment