Friday, August 6, 2010

Day Forty Seven of My Health Journey

Since this is the Sabbath I will be short and sweet. The last time i posted on my health journey was Wednesday. So I will start off with Thursday.

Thursday morning my husband went to the store and bought some pastrami from the deli and some Sargento Pepper Jack cheese. We always try to buy that brand of cheese because most of their products are pork free.

Photobucket

Anyway, we had sandwiches.

Photobucket

We also had juice. Here is what I juiced. It wasn't much - about 8 ounces for each of us.

Photobucket

We had another sandwich later in the day.

Friday I had a dentist appointment, so we had a sandwich that morning. Notice where my husband scratched my plate instead of using the cutting board. :/

Photobucket

After I got out of the dentist's office my husband led me to our favorite pizzeria. I submitted and we each had a slice.

Photobucket

For supper Friday night we had a piece of baked Italian chicken, raw corn, raw brussel sprouts and raw peas.

Photobucket

Later for snack we had a bowl of mixed grapes with cherries. My husband did not have the cherries though, as he is allergic to them. - More for me; YAY!! They are one of my favorite foods!

Photobucket

I cracked some nuts and soaked them overnight.

Photobucket

When we got up this morning we had a smoothie of 8 ounces of filtered water, two bananas, a nectarine, a pear, the juice of one lime, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries (and more which I will continue explaining).

Photobucket

It was full, so after I blended that much up I added in a handful of spinach.

Photobucket

My husband is also allergic to the seeds in kiwi and to flax seeds, so I poured him half of the smoothie out and added in a kiwi and some flax seeds for mine.

Photobucket

Here are the nuts that I had soaked all night. I drained them. I am trying to add more nuts to my diet, not because I am a nut person, but because I think that I am deficient on some of the minerals that they have in them.

My husband and I ate just a little of the nuts following the smoothie, and he had his green tea with ginger it it. I declined because there is only sugar here as a sweetener.

Photobucket

For lunch we had a salad made of two kinds of lettuce, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, brussel sprouts, corn and leeks.

Photobucket

For later I have sliced a zucchini and put it ion the dehydrator to satisfy our chip cravings. I have found that as the zucchini dehydrates the salt becomes more concentrated, so I season the chips afterward.

Photobucket

Due to the pizza and sandwiches I am back up to 18 pounds of weight loss from 20, but I am confident it will go back down and that I will lose even more with all this raw we now have.

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment