Monday, August 9, 2010

Day Fifty of My Health Journey, Sprouting, Food Additives

Well I am excited today. Yesterday I showed you my effort to sprout some black eyed peas. Well, guess what! In one day they have already begun to sprout. I can't believe it!

Photobucket

I know, I get excited at the least things. That's just me. I love to look at all the simple things in life that most people overlook. If you know of my love for spiders you will know that. I look at their webs with fascination, because YHWH have them the mathematical and weaving skills to build them precisely. I also look at things like water and how it evaporates, how flowers bloom and so much more. I use to hate science, but I do love it now that I have begun to follow Yahushua (Hebrew for Jesus). There is so much to take for granted here on this earth - things that YHWH has designed and created, and I want to know all of them. That is why I have taken a keen interest in biology. I want to know how He designed me and how I work and how I can get myself healthy as He meant me to be and how to stay that way. So anyway, yes, I am excited about the wonder of beans and peas sprouting. :) It is Him giving them LIFE.

As for me, I am still 19 pounds down. I am on a plateau, but I have been eating a lot of cooked foods. Last night we had a lamb chop, a roasted pear and a salad.

Photobucket

After supper I had some cherries. I LOVE cherries. My husband is allergic to them, so more for me. :) We also had a banana each and shared a bowl of grapes, and also ate the zucchini chips that I dehydrated yesterday. Where I had placed the crystallized ginger above them the sugar had dripped on them. That was not healthy, but they were yummy!

Today it was smoothie time again. I decided to show you what I put in them before I chop it up in the blender. That way you can see the amounts more accurately. I wish I could have put some yogurt in there, but as I said before, I can't afford that every day. I think it's going to be a twice a week thing, even if that much. Next month I plan on going to the health food store and looking for some kefir grains, and hopefully that will be a more economical way to get my probiotics.

Anyway, here is what went in my blender today.

Photobucket

And a couple of close ups...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kiwi and flax seeds go in after I take my husband's half out. Soaking them really helps before adding them to a smoothie. They blended right in and I only had a couple of large hard ones.

Other than that I have just eaten a few mixed soaked nuts today. As for tonight - well we were going to be raw this week, but there is one blog that I follow called Daisy Cottage. She put up a chicken recipe today that I can't get off my mind. I showed my husband and I think we are going to break down and either make it or chicken parmigiana for supper. Chicken is just calling my name (and his)! Take a look at it.

Photobucket

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm! I like to never got the meatloaf she posted a week or so out of my mind (it's still there really). Oh it's so hard not to desire these good foods. I stopped smoking five years ago after a 14 year habit, and it wasn't nearly as hard as giving up meats. I don't know if I can ever do it. I just try to incorporate as much raw as I can into my diet for now. Maybe later.... I am very happy with our not eating much sweets lately though. That's the main thing I wanted cut out. I think those are still good, but in moderation - a couple of times a month.

Well, here's your picture of the food additives booklet for your folder.

Photobucket

Off to sort out what we are going to do about our chicken craving!

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment