Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day Forty Five of My Health Journey, Biology, Food Additives and Rambling

I finally hit the twenty pound mark! In a month and a half I have lost twenty pounds! My husband has lost seventeen! I know we aren't suppose to be proud in the eyes of YHWH, but that's quite an accomplishment, and I'm happy. Of course, during the process we ate alot of meat and bread, and I think I could have lost a WHOLE LOT MORE. We have especially been heavy on the bread the last few days, as food was short. I will get to that in a minute.

Sunday night we had nothing to eat. I was going to make more of my mayonnaise biscuits, but I didn't have any mayonnaise, so my husband went to the convenience store three blocks from here and actually bought some mayonnaise packages for one dollar, and a pack of beef jerky, and a twenty ounce pepsi, which we split. I know... that was REALLY bad and my urinary tract can attest to it. We are back on grape juice now though.

Photobucket

Monday morning we actually had some of the biscuits that were left over and I made some juice. I am so glad we have been able to continue the juicing, at least. I like so much to always have fresh fruits and vegetables. Here's what I juiced.

Photobucket

That day (Monday) we had a relative over, who came and put Windows 7 on my husband's computer. His computer is such a mess that the relative was here about six hours working on it. So since we had company we splurged and had hamburgers. In all the excitement of having a guest I forgot to take pictures though.

Tuesday morning we had still more left over biscuits. We had one and a half biscuits each and more juice. All day passed and we had nothing else. Last night we had a small salad and I was so hungry as it didn't do too much for my tummy.

Photobucket

Someone posted a Bible verse on their Facebook wall, and that verse was Mark 6:31, which says, "And He said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat." When I read that I thought how silly I was being to be hungry. I rarely ever miss a meal and YHWH is such a good provider, yet these men, the disciples, had been working so hard for their Savior that they hardly had time to eat. When I started looking at things in that new perspective it took my mind off of my hunger and YHWH took my hunger away. When I woke up today I wasn't even hungry. We did not have a bite to eat until 5:30 p.m. today, and my husband went to the market and got us a nice meal from the deli.

Baked Italian chicken, pasta salad and potato salad with Welch's grape juice...

Photobucket

We have plenty of food now, and even in the last days when our budget was so short YHWH always provided, but now we have plenty, and I am going to the produce store tomorrow to stock up, and will photograph all the goodness that YHWH provides us with. Stay tuned!

As far as the food additives, here is the last section about what additives appear in what foods... next we get to the exciting part about what damages they do! Remember if you want to save all the pages I am photographing and put them in a folder so that you can have your own little edition of the book.

Photobucket

And as far as the biology lesson goes, I promised that I would continue with filters in the body. Here we go. The two filters that take care of the blood and the air. The respiratory system can be compared to a carburetor, and the lungs the air filter. Air is pushed into a filter chamber. The diaphragm drops down to allow the lungs to expand. When the diaphragm relaxes it expands to force air from the lungs, which the process is known as exhalation. When air is inhaled it passes over the voice box and enters one of two passageways. There are two bronchi, one for each lung. There the air enters into tiny sacs, which are held together by elastic connective tissues. The inner lining of the air passage is lined with mucous to trap foreign material should it enter the lung. The air sacs are surrounded by a network of blood capillaries, so that oxygen can be introduced into the blood stream. The kidneys are located in the small of the back. They purify the blood from things which could either block or poison the body. While most harmful debris is eliminated from the body, some are digested by scavengers in the liver, spleen and lymph system. The kidneys control the amount of fluid in the body They produce from two to four quarts of urine per day. The urine is carried from the kidneys to the bladder and out of the body. The urine, which is eliminated depends on the relationship between the amount of fluids taken in the body and the concentration of salts and solids to be removed by the blood. This action is caused by a hormone called antidiuretin. The kidney is the principle organ which regulates the amount of blood and the substances therein.

In other news, I received my textbooks today.

Photobucket

From mid-August to mid-October I am taking a theology class and a psychology class. School starts in less than three weeks. I am really kind of dreading it. I became so spoiled over the summer, and boy, did it fly by! Anyway, my blog may suffer somewhat when school starts. I hope not.

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment