Monday, August 16, 2010

Corn Chowder Recipe

I started out with 3 fresh ears of corn taken off the cob, some onion and leeks, some mushroom stems (you can use mushrooms - I have just been saving the stems for soups), and a russet baking potato chopped.

Photobucket

I let a pot get hot, and then poured some oil into the pan. I used Mazola, probably not the best choice.

Photobucket

Here it is sauteing in the pot.

Photobucket

I added these spices (turmeric, curry, paprika, blended dried herbs and steak seasoning) - about 1/4 teaspoon of each. I am not much one for measuring.

Photobucket

Then I added 1 chicken bullion to 2 cups of water (for Knorr's - many brands are 1 to 1).

Photobucket

And 1/2 container of heavy cream.

Photobucket

My husband did decide after all that he wanted to me add a mushroom, aside from the stems that I had put.

Photobucket

Then it began to look like this...

Photobucket

I brought it to a boil, and then covered and let it simmer for about 30 minutes until everything got tender. (Watch it closely to make sure all your liquids don't boil away.)

the finished product looked like this, and it was delicious!

Photobucket

My guinea pigs love when we have corn, because they love the husks!

Photobucket

I hope you enjoy this recipe!

Love,
Kimberly ♥

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting my button! The chowder looks yummy and I don't even like corn mixed with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly! I found your site off of Today’s Creative Blog! I love your craft! You are so talented! I just signed up to be your newest follower! Woo hoo! I hope you stop by my new blog. I just started it 2 months ago and would love new friends! Please come see me at http://www.modernfamilymagazine.com

    -Heather-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you each so much.

    Kim - I meant to thank you days ago, but somehow it didn't post. Thank you for the opportunity to show off our posts!

    And Heather, thank you so much. I would love to come and check out your blog and be your friend!

    ReplyDelete