Friday, August 13, 2010

Day Fifty Four of My Health Journey, Animals, Food Shopping, Food Additives

Well, I am home from the dentist. Today was easy. He only put a temporary crown on one of my teeth until he's ready to rework the root canal and order the permanent one. No shots of drilling - I like that! We had a good time today and laughed. I can honestly say I love my dentist.

I have some eye candy for you if you like animals. We stopped at the pet store, and I took a few photos. My husband can be such a chicken. Not me; I will whip my camera out any place and shoot pictures, but he told me that it was prohibited and to put the camera up. I told him that the workers were standing right by me when i took the photos, and if it were prohibited they would have told me. Well, I got a photo of the birds and of a few fish. I wanted to take photos of the lizards, snakes and furry critters, but a boy was cleaning in that area and I would have been in his way. Maybe next time.... Anyway, here's what I got.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last night we had potato soup, and some apricots later for a snack, which I forgot to photograph.

Photobucket

As for what we have eaten today, we had a smoothie this morning. We each had three glasses, because when I make a smoothie, I make a big one! My husband was complaining that he had to drink so much, but I told him that people buy 20 ounce sodas and down them in one sitting, and so he can down 24 ounces of healthy fruit and water. He gave me a hug and agreed. :)

Here's what all it had in it.

Photobucket

Here are some close ups.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is most of it stuffed in the blender. I had to pour us each a glass to add the orange, the apple and the lettuce, and then, of course, as usual, I put the kiwi and flax seed only in my half.

Photobucket

Here's what it looked like all blended up. Please forgive my messy glass. I had already drank one cup.

Photobucket

For lunch we had a slice of pizza at our favorite pizzeria, John and Joe's Pizza.

After that we went back to our favorite produce store to stock up.

For your inspiration, and my husband's and my health, we got all this (mostly pictured here.

Photobucket

Grapes... six bags of grapes (black, green and red).

Photobucket

Here's looking down at the top.

Photobucket

One quart of cherries...

Photobucket

Bartlett pears and peaches...

Photobucket

Two or three types of plums (the lime and peppers are left over from last week).

Photobucket

Here's all this shown from the side.

Photobucket

My husband wanted some more mushrooms to have with eggs (which he got the eggs also, but they are not shown here).

Photobucket

I got a pack of corn and two green bell peppers.

Photobucket

Two bunches of bananas...

Photobucket

And some more oranges (some of the oranges, all of the Bosc pears and the apple are left over from last week).

Photobucket

My husband also brought me a sliver of watermelon last night. I will try to remember to photograph it when we eat it.

As for your food additive page, here it is.

Photobucket

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment