Monday, August 16, 2010

Day FiftySeven of My Health Journey, Food Additives

Well, today I went back through all of my posts, and realized that for the past three weeks I have tottering back and forth between 18 and 20 pounds of weight loss. I am stuck on a plateau. What's wrong? I am eating LOTS of fresh fruits and drinking LOTS of filtered water. I went back through my posts to see what in the world is the deal. Well, it looks like sandwiches are one thing that brings me down, which we have been eating of this weekend (Sunday and today). I think that there will be no more sandwiches for us. I love pastrami, so maybe I will have my husband get the tortillas like I had asked him before from now on. It's that on the island they are hard to get. Definitely, bread is not my friend! I also noticed that when I had lomein (noodles) I did best in my weight loss, so I think we need to have more of that. Plus, it's yummy! The other thing that is good for us is soup. Soup brought about weight loss, and I love soups! Anyway, my husband and I have to change some things, because for the past three weeks there has been NO, NADA, ZILCH progress. I am not going to let it get me down though. That's what I am making these posts for - so that I can go back and look - and to help and to inspire you also.

Let's see. I haven't made a post since Friday evening. What have I had since then?

Saturday morning I had a fruit salad from these fruits.

Photobucket

The finished product looked like this.

Photobucket

For lunch we had a quick omelet and plantains.

Photobucket

For supper I made corn chowder, and you can find the recipe here.

Photobucket

That night we had watermelon and cherries. Well, I did. My husband only had watermelon, and he was wise. The watermelon made the cherries sour! Not a good combination!

Photobucket

Sunday morning we had fruit. My husband wanted his separate.

Photobucket

I wanted mine in a salad.

Photobucket

Later I had a pear.

Photobucket

And last night we had two sandwiches, one later than the other.

Photobucket

Today for breakfast we had a smoothie. This is one of the smoothest and creamiest ones that I have ever had - and the simplest. It only contained, filtered water, 2 bananas, a peach, an orange and a plum.

Photobucket

It looked like this.

Photobucket

And for lunch another sandwich...

Photobucket

Now, there has been no weight loss, as I said, but I can notice one thing. My skin has been feeling a lot softer for the last few days. It's really getting healthier. I can tell that my gut has been healthier too. My asthma is still plaguing me. :(

Here's your food additive page for your folder.

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment