Sunday, April 11, 2010

Salad with Violets

I am still in Tennessee with my mother, and am very limited with playing with raw foods, but as I said in my last post, I am taking advantage of the little bit of nature I find around here. I showed in one of my last posts that I am adding dandelions to my salads. Well, I found a new little treasure in my mother's yard and have added it to my salad also. They are little wild violets, which look like this:

Photobucket

They can be further identified by their heart shaped leaves.

Photobucket

Here are some of the health benefits of violets:
diuretic
expectorant
decreases fever by increasing sweating
relieves anxiety and insomnia
reduces blood pressure
treats bronchitis
reduces symptoms of hangover
made into a paste with water and oatmeal, they can help a stiff neck
aromatherapy

So pick you a few violets and enjoy them on your salad, make a tea with them or just eat them straight from your hand.

Photobucket

Here is my beautiful model with a violet salad.

Photobucket

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment