Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pure Carrot Juice - Mono Juice Meal

Well, I am still at my mom's in Tennessee. At home, in New York, I have a Jack Lalanne juicer, which I love! There might be better ones - as the Breville looks nice, but for now the Jack Lalanne suits me fine. The very first juice I ever bought was a Hamilton Beach, which I paid about $30.00 for at Kmart. It has it's good points, as the strainer basket is very sturdy and the harder vegetables (beets, carrots, etc.) juice with ease, but the bad point far outweighs the good points. The pulp comes out soppy! Well the point is that last year I came and stayed a month with my mom before my dad died. I was doing REALLY GOOD at raw fooding at that point and had my old Hamilton Beach juicer mailed down here so at least I could do some juicing. It's still here! I am not able to juice here like I do at home in New York, as I do my produce shopping in bulk. I don't own a car, as my husband and I just take the NY buses and trains or a cab when we go out, but even if I did own a car, I flew to Tennessee and would not have it with me here. My mom does not have a car either. She, nor daddy, have been able to drive for a few years, so here we sit at the mercy of whoever will shop for us. I don't like to make a big list and impose on people, so I just ordered carrots. I have been drinking pure carrot juice and putting the soppy pulp outside for the hares.

Here is my cheap little juicer that will do in a pinch.

Photobucket

And here is my nice glass of carrot juice, which really is delicious in and of itself.

Photobucket

So the point of this post is not to show off my boring carrot juice, but to discuss mono meals. Mono means one, but a mono meal doesn't mean one meal. It means having only one type of food at that one meal. Well there is also such thing as mono juice, where you keep your juice to one ingredient. Eating/drinking mono is suppose to be the most efficient, fastest way of healing. That is because digestion is taxing on the body, and when your body only has to work on digesting one item it has more energy to heal.

When I get home (to New York) somewhere toward the first of May, I am going to have to do a detox - a major one! It has been so hard to eat healthy here. I do have by apples, bananas, cantaloupe, spinach and even dandelions, but mom has lots of food here that she wants cooked and as I explained the grocery dilemma we are just kind of set here with what we have really. On top of that, I have been around LOTS of smoke. My mom smokes and most of the guests that come here smoke, and my lungs can tell it! I stay in my room alot doing school work with the window open and the ceiling fan on, but still - I am suffering! So when I get back home all of this has to be cleansed from my system and I am thinking of doing some juice fasting, particularly some mono juice meals.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment