Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Healthy Breakfast - Gala Apples with Spinach and Dandelion Tea

This morning I went and checked the mail and took out the trash, and took the opportunity to pick a few dandelions, so I decided to make some dandelion tea and have it with some gala apples chopped up on a bed of spinach.

This meal isn't really different than the cantaloupe and spinach, which I featured here, but except that instead of chopping the spinach up I left it whole and made it a bed. It's just a variation really. Add a little salt and olive oil.

Regarding the tea, however, I picked 12 dandelion flowers, and soaked them in an ice bed to get any little critters out.

Photobucket

And after I had soaked them a few minutes I put them in some water and boiled them, and left them to steep a few minutes.

Photobucket

And I ended up with this meal.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And while I was preparing this healthy meal, this little fella, a mockingbird, serenaded me. :)

Photobucket

Dandelion (flower) tea benefits:
  • prevents indigestion
  • helps with heartburn
  • helps with PMS and cramps
  • keeps energy levels high
  • prevents stomach aches and constipation
  • boosts your immune system
Enjoy,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment