Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hare in My Mom's Yard

I love rabbits. I always have. Maybe I should call these by their correct name, which is hare, but to me they are rabbits. When I was a little girl, we had a German Shepherd. My grandparents, who raised me also had a big garden, and my German Shepherd would chase the rabbits and catch them. There were always babies there, it seemed! She would bring them to me and I would play with them. I don't ever remember her killing one. This is her (and me).

Photobucket

Well, the point is that I love rabbits, or hares, as I said the correct name of these little creatures is. Living in New York City, there are rabbits around - but I don't see many. The reason being is that I don't get to the grassy areas much. About the extent of animals I see are my little rodent pets, dogs being walked outside, sparrows and pigeons, seagulls and an occasional skunk or raccoon at night. I love being here at my mom's. There are so many kinds of birds here! Hummingbirds, cardinals, blue jays, mockingbirds, etc., and of course there are the hares! Here is a photo I managed to sneak of one a few nights ago.

Photobucket

See him? He's really there, I promise. OK, here is a bigger picture of him - a closer view.

Photobucket

Of course, to some of you seeing a hare is probably as common as seeing a housefly, but when you live in the city it's something to get excited about! Of course, I am a child at heart and get excited about any of God's creatures - even spiders, as some of you may know! :)

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment