Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Connie's Orchard

I have shown you all the lawn across from my mom's apartment before. It's where I have been picking my dandelions for my salad and tea.

This is it taken from under my mom's porch.

Photobucket

Well, now it looks a bit different. Years ago it use to be covered with trees, but my mom's landlord had them cut down and the stumps removed for safety reasons. They were very large and old. His ex-wife always encouraged him to plant more trees there in their stead, but he never got around to it. She died a few weeks ago, nine days after my father died, and so for a memorial to her, Terry, my mom's landlord, planted an orchard.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He planted Gala apple, Granny Smith apple, Bradford pear, peach, plum and cherry trees. He plans on buying an arch and placing a sign over it, naming it "Connie's Orchard". If he gets that put up before I leave, I will get a picture of it. I think that it is so sweet of him to do that in remembrance of her. I wish that I could do something like that for my relatives whom I have lost.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment