Monday, April 5, 2010

Salad With Dandelions

As I said in my last post - I don't have my little toys here with me at my mom's, so I can't play around with raw foods too much - but I did do something tonight that I have never done before.

My home looks like this:

Photobucket

I do not have any yard at all - only concrete. Of course, there are patches of grass and parks around, but I have to remember the dogs being walked for the purpose of potty relief and the crude, spitting humans who are around. I would not eat anything off the ground in NYC ever!

Now that I am at my mom's - she has a beautiful lawn, which belongs to her landlord, across from her apartment. I am taking advantage of the natural, clean food here!

Photobucket

Today, I spotted dandelions, so I went out and picked a few - leaves and flowers and added them to my salad.

I started with a bag of pre-cut salad, consisting of romaine lettuce, carrots and red cabbage.

Photobucket

And I chopped up some more carrots (as there weren't many in the bag), some onions, cucumbers, tomatoes and prepared the dandelion leaves and flowers by giving them an ice bath to make sure there were no bugs in them.

Photobucket

I just mixed everything together and that was it.

Photobucket

The dandelions gave the salad the least bitter taste, but are so good for detoxifying.

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

2 comments:

  1. That is very country..like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I wish I could live here again one day.

    ReplyDelete