Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trip to Manhattan September 15, 2010

Yesterday we went to Manhattan. We walked at least 80 blocks counting the 6 blocks to the post office and back before we even went to Manhattan. We dircled the blocks around 59th street, where we got off the bus before we even started walking, trying to find a restaurant with a restroom, and when we didn't find one we decided to go to Bloomingdale's which is a huge store and look for one. We walked all over that store, and being as the men's room and women's room were on different floors that made it all the worse. Finally we got out of the area of 59th Street and my husband made me walk to the West Side of Manhattan to look for a stamp store, again, circling several blocks. Once we reached 34th Street we walked down to 14th Street (Union Square) which was my goal to make it to - it's my favorite are of Manhattan because Whole Foods Market and Strand Books is there! We also caught some worship at Union Square and it was quite delightful. After all that we had to walk back up to 23rd Street and over to the left a few blocks. What a walk! I estimate we walked about 4 - 6 miles, but I had a great time! I thought that walk would take a few pounds off, but I blew my diet and gained back three, but I do have a lot of fluid in my legs, so I think that the cooked food has contributed to that and it will come off easily. Today I am on my raw foods again.

Here are the photos from our trip. (I can't get the slide show to embed so you will have to click on the link. Sorry about that!)

Manhattan


And here is a video I took of the worshiping.



Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

Linked to

No comments:

Post a Comment