Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day Sixty Nine of My Health Journey

Well, it's certainly been busy here! I have been a busy bee studying Psychology. It's been one of the most intensive classes I have ever had, but I enjoy it so much, especially the biology and function of the brain and nervous system! I just love biology in general! Nothing has worked right this week. The belt on my vacuum cleaner broke, my A/C unit in the bed room won't get off fan and on to the cool setting, so it's a bit hot in here and difficult to sleep. I still haven't found my book on food additives. My husband and I looked for it this morning, and nada; nothing yet! Don't worry though. It will turn up! We live on a small island in the Long Island Sound, called City Island, hence the name of the blog, and so we are just sitting here awaiting news of Hurricane Earl. Some forecasters are bringing it here to the coast and some have it more out to sea. I have heard 45 mph wind gusts are coming, and I have heard that 85 mph gusts are coming. Isn't it wonderful that meteorology is such an exact science (sarcastically)? It seems like I had something else to write about, but I can't think of it right now.

As far as food, at the end of the month money is usually a tight thing, so raw has to suffer, and so does my husband's and my weight loss. We have each gained back 3 pounds, making me 22 pounds down and him 18 pounds down. September should be a better month though, and we will lose that quickly. I know that for me, it's fluid. I can tell my legs are a bit swollen.

We've actually had juice every day though! I am glad about that. That's quite a bit of raw! Did I tell you that I broke all my glasses? Now we are drinking out of these cheap plastic cups. Glasses are on my "to buy" list.

Photobucket

We had chicken, tomatoes and a  roll.

Photobucket

Eggs, tomato, a roll and a half of a banana...

Photobucket

Monday I called a relative, and she told me that she was having steak, potatoes and green beans for supper. I told my husband, and he wanted that too, so that's what we had and it was delicious!

Photobucket

Yesterday, we had our juice and nothing all day until some soup last night. It was a poor man's supper, LOL, with only noodles, carrots and onions, but it was good!

Photobucket

We also had some potato chips, because they are cheap (but costly on health). For anyone concerned about eating kosher, buy Utz potato chips. We don't always eat kosher due to money and availability, but we try as much as we can.

Photobucket
Today all I have had is juice. My husband wanted some eggs, so I made him some. He loves my eggs, and it took me a while to learn how to make them. You know how I like mine - with the yolk busted and the whole thing very crispy, but he likes his sunny side up. I turn the heat up on mine to get it so crispy, but his takes low heat and a longer cooking time. He says now though that I do it to perfection. Besides the juice, this was his breakfast.

Photobucket

I am on a liquid diet until tonight, and I think we are having spaghetti.

Well, there you have it. . . bread and chips and beef = 3 pounds!

Until next time, blessings!
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment