Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day Seventy Seven of My Health Journey

Well I am still at 25 pounds down, but my husband and I are stepping up the raw now, so I suppose that will go down a lot in the next few weeks. I am still covered with philosophy. I have a big test tomorrow, which covers three weeks of material and another shorter test in theology, so I will be a woman of few words in this post.

Thursday night we had a roast beef with carrots, onions and potatoes. This was our Rosh Hashana meal. In English that means Jewish New Year, in case you don't know. We don't celebrate the standard New Year, which starts in January. That one is pagan.

This is before it was cooked. . .
Photobucket

and after . . .

Photobucket

and served. . . (I ate so much I was stuffed and barely slept a bit that night, but what can I say? It was a Feast Day for us.)

Photobucket

Friday for breakfast we had a couple of rolls with a little butter. Oh and we had rolls with supper the night before also.

Photobucket

On Friday night, the Sabbath, we had leftovers from the roast dinner, also with rolls.

Photobucket

And we had grapes as a snack later in the night.

Photobucket

Today we woke up to a street fair outside. They have them twice a year - one weekend in June and one in September.I never go. On Saturday I keep the Sabbath and tomorrow I will be covered up with tests and work. Here are the views from my kitchen window.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So while I peeked outside I made us some juice. It had a pound of carrots, three apples, a clove of garlic, a cucumber and a bunch of parsley.

Photobucket

Normally when I have something leafy I make green juice in the blender and juice the vegetables and fruits in the juicer and pour them together, but being as this was the Sabbath I decided to cheat. Well, I didn't like the results. Here is the pulp (which the little piggies enjoyed) but my parsley came out barely chewed up.

Photobucket

I couldn't have that so I took it out of the pulp and then put it in the blender to do my normal method.

Photobucket

I put the stems and leaves in the blender with just a little bit of filtered water. . .

Photobucket

and when it was completely pulverized I strained it through a coffee sock.

Photobucket

Here is a better picture.

Photobucket

Now the pulp looked like this (notice the clump of greens).

Photobucket

And I had my green juice. . .

Photobucket

which I poured with the other juice, and so here was our breakfast.

Photobucket

For lunch today we split a chicken sandwich and had a small bowl of sunflower seeds. They are roasted. I wish they were raw.

Photobucket

I have been snacking on bananas and sunflower seeds through the day also.

Photobucket

For supper we had a green smoothie, which was quite yummy. . .

Photobucket

made from two bananas, two nectarines and a handful of spinach - and, of course, filtered water.

Photobucket

I am not sure if you remember about a month ago I bought lots of nuts.

Photobucket
Well, we mostly only ate the walnuts out of them because I lost my nutcracker. Walnuts you can open with a butter knife. So my husband finally remembered to buy me some nutcrackers.

I was happy. :) Now I can eat more nuts, which I need for my skin and hair.

Photobucket

Blessings,
Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. i've been drinking bird nest soup every night (i only get the homemade kind back at home). the only reason why i drink it is because it's supposed to be good for complexion.

    i’ve been taking the store-bought kind online (e.g. www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm of famous branded only of course) which is directly mailed from Hong Kong. this would be at a more affordable price.

    ReplyDelete