Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm Still Alive! Update...

I just wanted to drop by and say hello, and let you know I am not dead. :) I have been EXTREMELY busy trying to get my bedroom finished before school starts on Monday - three days from now. I am so pleased with how things are going. The overhead hanging light fixture makes the room look amazing! The colors and new curtains are great, but it's the light fixture that makes the room. We have to arrange things now, hang up stuff, and I haven't even added the new sheets and bedspread yet, which they will definitely add to the room, as well. Next year when I am a bit more financially stable with a new student loan refund, I am planning on adding new floor tiles to the bedroom.

Here's my light fixture. I will post other pictures regarding the bedroom later.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wow, diet! Hmmmm... I've been kind of naughty. I have been eating cooked - even more stuff from outside, because it's been kind of hard to get to the kitchen lately with all the mess from decorating the bedroom. I also made some banana muffins, which I will share the recipe soon. :) And my husband has made some yummy soups, which I will try to get him to sit down with me and write out the recipe, as well. Last night he made some killer lamb! YUMMO! I found out that lamb isn't factory farmed, so that's my new beef. :) On the bright side, I am still 17 pounds down, so all this eating of cooked food didn't put a pound on me. :)

Here's the lamb.

Photobucket

and a salad on the side...

Photobucket

Here's the muffins I made... hopefully recipes for all these will come later.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't like to announce anything about fasting, because the Bible says to do it in secret and not to show how miserable you are while fasting, but this is for your inspiration, so I can tell you that I started a fast today. I had a TERRIBLE time on Yom Kippur wanting to eat, because I knew that I could eat the next day. Now, I am not saying how long my fast will be. Maybe it will be one day, maybe three, or five, or ten or twenty or maybe forty or beyond, but I am on one, and today I have been just a little hungry and a little jittery, and my tongue has already began to coat over and I have developed a yucky taste in my mouth, believe it or not.

This is what put me in the mood. It's Jeff Hazim's "Detox or Die". I think he's kind of prepared me for it, because I am not dreading it like I was Yom Kippur, but like I said, at Yom Kippur I was counting the hours until I could eat - now I am kind of just determined to go with the flow and realize that I might not see food for a while. My husband is not fasting, so seeing him eat (and drink) will be hard on me. Today he made some cod fish, and I am not a fish person, and I especially don't like cod fish, so that didn't bother me. Well, I am not sure how often the posts are going to be. I have much work ahead on this room and school starts next week, but I will try to be here more frequently than usual. I have stopped the health journey thing, since I was stuck on a plateau and obviously wasn't being an inspiration to you, so I am still deciding what to do next... and for now, it's the detox fast. Any believers.... please pray for me to carry on. I think after the third day it will be easier as the hunger pangs will leave. I am mostly doing this for my asthma.

Until next time...

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥
17 pounds down

No comments:

Post a Comment