Thursday, October 28, 2010

Detox Day 7

I am still feeling great! At night my asthma decides to show its ugly head a bit, but that's the norm for ashtma, I have read... it's always worse at night. I never could tell that until this week, because mine was bad all day long! I am taking my Advair once or twice a day (sometimes I forget to take it in the morning). And then I am taking a puff of my  inhaler really just once a day -- one day I took two - but even two is great for me. I haven't had a nebulizer treatment for 6 days now (at the end of today).

I really am not having any detox symptoms. Even though I am not strictly on water now, I am still detoxing, as I am completely raw. I just have a backache in my lower back. That's really what is plaguing me the most, and I don't know if it's detox or if maybe it's because we moved the bed and its sleeping a bit different. I am doing really good with the water. My husband bought some Mott's apple juice yesterday, which is one of my favorite things to drink, and he offered me some, but I told him that is just unnecessary calories, and I have been sticking with my water, and I have actually been enjoying it - which I usually do drink A LOT of water, but I haven't never drank STRICTLY water. I always have juice, as well, and sometime an occasional soda too. I know -- bad! I really am not having any cravings at this point. When I was on a water fast I was craving potato chips, but I think it was because I wanted the salt. Since I have been eating raw, I have been eating some salt on my food so the craving for salty foods went away. I haven't had meet in - well, I know it's been at least seven days, but it seems like I didn't eat meat for a few days before that - and it's not bothering me TOO bad. I would kind of like to have a hamburger (one of my favorite foods), but I could replace it with a veggie burger and be just as satisfied, but I am on a focus to stay raw or or water for a while at this point, so the veggie burger will have to hold off.

I am glad that I am not afraid to fast anymore. On Yom Kippur I literally counted the hours until the fast was over, and I was so hungry, but having fasted for 4 days now has really given me some freedom in the area of fasting. I didn't count the hours because I knew that after 24 hours I wasn't getting food, and it really wasn't that bad, and I think I would have continued with water only had it not been for the intense nausea, which I got. I still plan on doing some more days of water only though. I am also down 11 pounds now from last week, a grand total of 28 pounds from June. Two more pounds and I will break the barrier of 30 pounds, so I am excited about that.

Here's what I ate yesterday... after you saw the salad and grapes.

I had a cucumber. Usually I don't even peel them for the extra fiber, but this one was going bad, so I really had to pare it off.

Photobucket

There was another cucumber in the crisper, which looked good too - I was still hungry after eating the first cucumber, so I made "chips and salsa" with it.

I placed spinach, basil, tomatoes and vidalia onion in the food processor and whirred it up a bit to create the salsa. On hindsight, I forgot the garlic. I also spiced it up with turmeric, salt, pepper, curry, paprika, and dried herbs. (My husband doctored his up with honey and vinegar and it tasted like a relish - I prefer mine plain.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I just put some in the midst of my "chips" - raw cucumber slices.

Photobucket

I had lots of grapes - my favorite food...

Photobucket

Maybe a handful of nuts (my meat for now)...

Photobucket

And for breakfast today I had some slices of watermelon.

Photobucket

And that's been it besides my water.

I will be back tomorrow or soon with another report... I have to get to my American History class for now. I love that history! It stands for HIS STORY. :)

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥
28 pounds down

No comments:

Post a Comment