Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day One Hundred and Six of My Health Journey; World Raw Day

Well, I have finally lost two pounds regarding the 12 that I put back on from the steroids. I have been ALMOST meat free, and I am so proud of that. I promised my husband that we would eat lamb sometimes, and we will probably have a turkey for Thanksgiving, but all in all, I am trying to give up meat. I can't afford to buy too much organic, and that would be the only way that I would want to eat it anymore.

I've been eating LOTS of grapes!

Photobucket

And we have been eating veggie burgers too. I LOVE these, but they have MSG in them, so I want to learn how to make my own, if possible.

Photobucket

We've also had pancakes...

Photobucket

and veggie sausages... these are good too!

Photobucket

We've had more grapes...

Photobucket

And another veggie burger Saturday night... (Ignore the mustard ON TOP of the sandwich; I'm not sure what my husband was thinking, LOL.)

Photobucket

with pasta on the side... there was just a tiny bit left.

Photobucket

More grapes...

Photobucket

And more pancakes morning breakfast. I am not sure how my husband talked me into this. He's got more to get rid of, and I allowed him to buy eggs especially for this, so expect to see more pancakes for a few days. I have to admit they are good - Shhh, don't tell anyone I said that

Photobucket

Sunday night we shared a piece of lamb and a salad...

Photobucket

And more salad - YUMMY!

Photobucket

And we had grapes as a snack.

Photobucket

Today was (is - it's almost over) World Raw Day. In honor of the celebration, we had a smoothie for breakfast. It contained bananas,  spinach, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and grapes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had never put grapes in a smoothie before, but it was YUMMY and I am in love. This smoothie I had for lunch had nothing but bananas, spinach and grapes and durian. Oh and I always forget to mention it, but I always add just enough filtered water to make it blendable - and I added some ice, as well.

Photobucket

I had a small side of grapes with that.

Photobucket

And I am expecting that we will have a salad for supper, with grapes as a snack afterward.

Oh, and I got the shelves painted for the kitchen. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥
Down 17 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment