Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day One Hundred and Two of My Health Journey and Looking Forward to Redecorating My Bed Room

Well, I didn't want to look today, but I am ten pounds worse for the wear. I have to say that I attribute most of it to the steroids, however. Also I am floating in fluids. I can press my thumb into my leg and it leaves and impression, so that will be easy enough to take off. A day or two of raw always moves the fluids out. As you saw in my last post - and as you will see in this post, we have been eating LOTS of cooked foods, and that's not a good thing.I have decided to make my best shot to go vegan or vegetarian - I like my soups with cream. Two night ago I watched "Meet Your Meat" to put me in the right mindset. Here it is for anyone who wants to see it and might not have.



I told my husband that all I have to do when I crave beef is think of the cancer on the eye. When I crave chicken, I must think of them weight, which the legs will not hold up. I must think of the way that the poor creatures are treated also! I have a real heart for animals, and even have a mouse that I feed. Why would I want to support cruelty to animals? However, being that I am a Messianic Jew, I am commanded to partake of Passover (the lamb) and so I will continue to do that annually.

Let me start with what I ate yesterday. We were out of food (practically) and so my husband went downstairs yesterday morning and bought out breakfast. We had French toast and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh wait, I forgot supper the night before... We had steak, spinach and tomatoes.

Photobucket

We went out shopping yesterday and I had a slice of pizza. I forgot to take my camera. Imagine that!

But last night when we came home, my husband made a pot of potato soup. I'll try to get the recipe from him and post it. It was superb!

Photobucket

Here's a close-up.

Photobucket

We had grapes for snack last night.

Photobucket

Today I made a nice smoothie for breakfast, with bananas, a mango, spinach, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I bought a coffee grinder yesterday, and so I ground up some flax seeds and put in mine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last night I went to my favorite fruit market, but I didn't buy too much fruit. We are in a battle with gnats, and so the least thing I want right now is more gnats! But I did get a few things to buy smoothies with (pictured above) and LOTS of grapes.

This is ten pounds of grapes - assorted kinds...

Photobucket

Photobucket

and this is three pounds of grapes.

Photobucket

So I am planning on eating smoothies and grapes for the next several days. I'm craving cherries and can't find them anywhere!

Photobucket

On the lighter side... we are going to paint and redecorate our bedroom. I have been picking up little items here and there, so I decided to give a little preview of a couple of things I have bought.

i found this little pitcher at a sale I went to a few weeks ago, and last night I bought the flowers to go in it. (The net behind it is because the other room (adjoining) is decorated nautically. This is not a permenant place, but only until I get everything finished so that I can move it.

Photobucket

This little box my husband bought for me. I just love it! I love wooden things... crates, boxes - anything. I wanted to show you how neat it is! That's my husband is his orange pajamas lying next to the box. Don't mind him. Go orange (Tennessee)!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think it's a little jewelry box, but I used it to store my pins, tacks and thread. I am not much of a jewelery person. I have a few pieces, but rarely wear it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment