Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Detox Day 6

Well, with the exception of the soup and oatmeal Monday night, for the past six days (counting today) I have either been on a water fast or raw. My asthma is still feeling fabulous - almost non-existent. I did say ALMOST. Last night I had a salad of cilantro, mushrooms, spinach, red pepper, tomato, onion and garlic, but the thing is that I used Ken's Blue Cheese dressing on it. Bad move! This morning I woke up and my lungs were burning ever the slightest and my asthma was acting up just a LITTLE bit. Wow! What a difference one ingredient makes in health! Other than the salad I had a piece of watermelon and only water all day yesterday. I didn't get a picture of anything I consumed yesterday, because the battery on the camera was dead, but I did today!

I had the same salad...

Photobucket

But instead of Ken's Blue Cheese dressing, I used olive oil with paprika, salt, curry, pepper, turmeric, paprika and herbs, and it was yummy!

Photobucket

Right now, as I type, I am enjoying this bowl of grapes. That is all I expect to eat today. I may crack a few nuts later. I know... I am not soaking them first. :(

Photobucket

I lost one pound last night, making my grand total of loss 27 pounds. That was the pound that I gained back from the oatmeal and soup. I am staying well below 1000 calories a day, so I expect to see some major changes soon. I was going to try to stick with water, and I may yet have some days with pure water only, but I was looking at foods that detox, and I think as long as I stick with raw that I will do good too - especially if it's mostly greens, onions and garlic. Grapes are good too. This lady cured stomach cancer by eating grapes alone. So is watermelon, because it is mostly water and flushes toxins out of he kidneys. I am just proud that I made it four days on water only. Noe everyone can do that, and it was hard! Bless anyone that can make it 40!

I feel really good today for the most part. I have a slight backache, and I am very sleepy. The sleepiness came on after I ate my salad, which is weird because raw foods is not suppose to cause sleepiness. I have been having some weird pain in my right side. My husband says he can tell my tummy is going down. I am not really having too much detox symptoms, and neither was I when I was only partaking of water. I guess this is because I have always included lots of raw foods in my diet (always meaning for the past two years).

I will be back later with another update. Eat your raw foods - especially those dark, leafy greens! :)

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥
Down 27 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment