Monday, October 25, 2010

Detoxing on Water Fast Days 1-3

Well, in my last post I mentioned that I was undertaking a fast. Really I would rather call it a detox, because I don't feel called at this time to make it a "religious" thing. It's just something that I am doing for my flesh - to cleanse myself out, to lose some weight, to overcome this asthma and conditions plaguing me, and to get rid of cravings and gain more control over my diet, in general. I have been keeping a little chart of what symptoms I have and things like that, and I hope that they will help someone, so here goes...

Day 1

I experienced some leg pain, some back pain and my tongue became coated. I was hungry, of course, but felt pretty good. I lost six pounds the first day.

Day 2

I was very energetic. My tongue returned to being pink, I had a bitter taste in my mouth and still had hunger. I didn't lose any weight.

Day 3

This was by far the worst day. I woke up really tired and achy, and went back to bed. My coated tongue returned, and the hunger actually wasn't as bad - until about 9:00 p.m. and then I was famished! I couldn't stop thinking about food. I have been craving salty things like potato chips, but cravings were intense last night. I'm glad it's over. I lost two pounds, for a total of eight pounds lost in three days.

Today's better. I will blog on it later, when I see how many pounds I have lost, if any and how the rest of the day finishes up, since it's still relatively early.

In general, can tell a BIG difference in my asthma. I stopped taking my Singular, as well as some vitamins I have been taking, because I don't want anything in my stomach that could be mistaken for food and which would bring back intense hunger. I am only taking my Advair twice per day, which is a powder that you breath in. I haven't had to take a nebulizer treatment in two and a half days - I have only been using the inhaler. I took two puffs on the night of Day 2, and one puff on the night of Day 3, and really didn't feel THAT smothery when I took it, but just took it to relieve the little bit of tightness in my chest that I did have. My head is really opening up. I still feel congestion in my sinuses, but it's little compared to the stuffiness that I have ALWAYS had. I am beginning to get a couple of pimples on my face. I really haven't experienced much light headedness or dizziness, nor have I been too cloudy feeling in my cognition. I have a little burning in my stomach, which doesn't hurt but I wonder what that is since there is no food in my stomach, I don't think that it should be producing acid. I have had the ever slightest head ache off and on, as well. It's hard, but I'm pressing on - at least for a while. When I break the fast, I think I am going to continue the detox with green leafy vegetables, watermelon, juices and smoothies for a while.

Here's just a nice picture of water. :) It's not my picture. I snagged it off the internet.



Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment