Friday, May 28, 2010

Tour of Our Basement and Orbs

Hello everyone. I am sorry I haven't posted anything in a week or better, but since school has been out I have been busy cleaning and reading and haven't really done anything that interesting, plus I forgot to charge my camera for some days. We are cleaning everything, as when I am in school everything just gets surface cleaned and for the most part neglected. Also for the past while we have been using our living room, for the most part, as storage. We live in a very small NYC apartment, and with my husband and I both with a passion for collecting books, that is kind of a complicated situation. We purchased three book cases last year, but it didn't really help a lot. We have books galore! We have actually been going through some lately and have thrown some out, along with some other things, going through closets making more space there, and just generally rearranging things. We still have lots of work.

Wednesday of this week it was 92 degrees in New York City. We always take our window unit air conditions out in the winter, as around them a lot of cold air comes in. We installed the kitchen A/C back in March when there were a few warm days, as it was pretty easy to get too, but our other A/C was stored in the basement, which makes it a complicated task to bring it up, as you will see in a minute, and so we are just now getting to installing it.

Last night we went to the basement to get the A/C, and I took my camera with me as I like old buildings and am kind of enthused about the basement. I read once that our building is either about or over 100 years old - I can't remember exactly, but it's old. Anyway, I just thought that it would be something interesting to share, and boy did I find something interesting - not what I had intended to come up with at all!

Here is our trip to the basement.

This is the basement door, which we have to unlock. No one ever goes to the basement except Con Edison (our electrical/gas company) and rarely the landlord of the building. We have been to the basement maybe 5-8 times in the five and a half years we have lived here.

Photobucket

This is the descent down the narrow steps. That is my bicycle all covered with spider webs. We have to get it out and clean it off, as I intend to ride it some this summer.

Photobucket

Here is a closer view of it. I do not know whose walker and bats those are - perhaps, they were left by another tenant.

Photobucket
Now, I don't believe in ghosts, as I believe the Scriptures when they tell us that when our spirit departs it returns to our Creator (Ecclesiastes 12:7, but I do believe in demons! Some people believe that orbs are demons, and I do. Now, I think that some orbs are caused by light or dust and can be easily explained. Sometimes when you take pictures while it is snowing it gives the appearance of orbs, but other times they are just too unexplainable, and I believe in the basement is one of those times. If it were, why wasn't the dust in all of the photos or why didn't the light affect all of the photos, and also there shouldn't be any dust in the air, as the place is rarely disturbed. Con Edison only checks the meters every few months - the rest of the months they estimate everyone's bills. We had only entered the basement and had barely walked in it - at least not enough to kick up that much dust, especially in the back.

The next photo I took amazed me! I snapped it and looked at it, and being that the viewer is only 3 1/2 inches in the camera I couldn't quite make out what that large dot was. I looked back at the area where I took the photo and saw nothing, so I zoomed in on the object and saw that it was an orb. When I came upstairs and loaded the camera to the computer I could see that there are actually between 15 and 17, but the large one was the chief one! As soon as we realized what it was we rebuked it in the name of Yahushua (YHWH's  [the God of Israel] salvation in Hebrew). You will see in later photos that after we rebuked it most of the orbs left. Our A/C is to the left in the black Hefty bag, just to keep mice or insects out of it.

Photobucket

 This is where all the meters are from our building. There are five stores in the first floor, and I am not sure how many apartments. I know that there are at least ten,

Photobucket

This is an old sink that I guess someone use to have down in the basement for a purpose, and you can see another view of my bicycle.

Photobucket

 This is the other side of the back of the store. As you can see there are still a few orbs, but after we rebuked them most left. We had our A/C stored on the concrete slab inside of a black plastic Hefty bag.

Photobucket

This is a little room at the front of the basement. I don't know what it is for.

Photobucket

I took one last photo of the back of the basement, just to see the situation of the orbs.

Photobucket

Now we are going back out of the basement.

Photobucket

This is where we go out to the street, and our mailbox, along with our neighbor's, is to the left.

Photobucket

 And this is where we go up the steps to get to our apartment.

Photobucket

I was going to show you the landing and our door at the top of the steps, but the memory card filled up. I will have to get that another time.

And this concludes the tour of our basement and hallway.

Love,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment