Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stocked Up at the Store Again: More Inspiration

Wow, this has been a busy week! I flew home on Tuesday, from Tennessee to New York, Wednesday I went and stocked up on fruits and veggies (which is the purpose of this post), and Thursday night my husband and I went out to eat to celebrate our fifth anniversary, which we missed, We went to Panera and I had a Frontega chicken sandwich while he had a roast beef sandwich. That is absolutely my favorite restaurant! I had not eaten a whole lot of raw while at my mom's. Part of the reason is that she doesn't have a car, and I don't have a car and we were on the mercy of her good friends for the most part to bring us food, and I didn't want to impose with heavy fruits and vegetables. The other reason, I believe, is just sentiment. Regardless, once I got home, I was ready to, again, indulge in raw foods.

Here is what we have got in our home now.

Apples are always a staple. These are Rome for juicing.

Photobucket

Six tomatoes... my husband wanted a partially green one to eat with his eggs.

Photobucket

Granny Smith apples (for green juice) and Bosc pears.

Photobucket

Lots and lots and lots of grapes.... this is about six or seven packs.

Photobucket

Ten pounds of carrots.

Photobucket

Two bunches of carots with tops and a package of hot green peppers (just to flavor soups and things. - We eat alot of homemade soup too.)

Photobucket

Cucumbers and zucchini.

Photobucket

A whole lot of beets and a bunch of radish.

Photobucket

Lots and lots of greens... dandelions, California red leaf lettuce, collard greens and chicory lettuce.

Photobucket

Green beans, okra and spinach.

Photobucket


Kale.

Photobucket

Three stalks of celery.

Photobucket

Lemons and Gala apples.

Photobucket

Ginger and shallots.

Photobucket

Sixteen oranges (they were a quarter a piece - bargain!!)

Photobucket

A bunch of bananas and a single red potato.

Photobucket

Some of you may ask why I always show what I come back from the market with, and I will answer inspiration. For many years I did not understand about health. I thought that a hambuger and french fries were healthy because they went under the food pyramid as recommended foods. No one ever taught me about nutrition - until I began learning about raw foods myself. Now, I am not 100% raw, though I think that is the best way to be - or at least above 90%. I am probably over 75%, which is what percentage one who eats raw foods can call themselves a raw foodist, according to Wikipedia. I am still disciplining myself and transitioning myself, but I do try to shoot for 75% raw to have energy and to ward off degenerative diseases, and to control my asthma. I really need to detox first though to make a dent in that. Then I have fibromyalgia and I think I have adrenal fatigue, as well (which I think is what brings about my asthma). But I want to inspire others to eat healthy with more fruits and vegetables as there is so much sickness in this world.

Here's to health.

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment