Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Ten of My Health Journey - and a Cute Truck

Well, I haven't really been raw at all the past day - not even an apple of a banana, because the funds are lacking to shop. We have been eating what we have here, which was beans and stuff to make some biscuits.

I made some biscuits last night for supper. I felt really guilty, but that's all that we had here to eat. I placed a little spaghetti sauce, which I had left in the refrigerator, to the side to dip them in rather than the usual butter. That made them like little pizza rolls - kind of, not that that made them any healthier. They are drop biscuits, and here they are.

Photobucket

For breakfast this morning, we had the same, but without the sauce, and I didn't have any butter either - just plain. We have some beans left over, so we had those for lunch. Since this past Sun-day, of barely eating raw, I have gained back four pounds, for a grand total loss now of 11 pounds since the last Sun-day, nine days ago. I tell ya, I can look at cooked food and it jumps on me! I am hoping that tonight we can get back on the raw track. I am so ready for salads and fruits again! I recently found Diana Stobo and have been watching her videos, and she has some good looking raw recipes! Oh, I have also made a new Youtube channel, which is located here if anyone wants to befriend me there. I'm looking for some new recipes, so that I don't get tired of eating raw, not that I have even really started yet.

As I mentioned, I gained four pounds in the last two days. I am one of extremes I guess - losing 14.5 pounds in a week then gaining back 4 in two days - how does that happen? My energy has decreased from what it was late last week, and I have been kind of depressed the last couple of days - which is VERY unusual for me! Usually nothing gets me down, but I am always optimistic! It must be the foods! I even cried last night because I couldn't eat raw. Diana Stobo has been a real inspiration to me.

Other than that, I just wanted to show off this cute little truck that comes by my home ever so often. The driver sharpens the knives for the neighboring deli. I wish that he had been parked across the street - or that I was on the street level, because this picture doesn't do the truck justice.

Photobucket

I am so nostalgic. America just seems, to me, as if it was so much better prior to the sixties. This truck might not date back that far, but it reminds me of the days (as if I were born then) that men would come around and do services -- like the milk man. I remember him coming around when I was a teeny girl, but it was soon cut out. I was born in 1970, so it must have been cut out by 1973 or 1974. Anyway, this truck just reminds me of those days. He has bought some type of old delivery truck and remodeled it, making a shop inside to sharpen knives and tools.

Here is another picture of the truck, which does it even less justice, as my husband insisted taking a photo from the kitchen window, which has an A/C unit in it, and so the window nor the screen can be raised.

Photobucket

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the cute little truck, and hopefully I can be a raw inspiration again soon! I am anxious to get back on track!

Love,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment