Sunday, September 26, 2010

DayNinety Two of My Health Journey

Well, I am up five pounds again. Wednesday I went to see my doctor, and my lungs were pretty congested so she gave me a round of Prednisone, which is a steroid and causes weight gain. So here I am, adding back to what I had taken off, but no worries - I'm sure it will be off again soon. On the positive side - my lungs are feeling better than they have felt for a long time!

I am trying to remember what I had when. School has my mind so jumbled that it's a wonder I remember anything, but I'll do my best.

Thursday I had plums and peaches.

Photobucket

Some juice... freshly made. This has lots of beets in it! See how red it is?

Photobucket

A salad with a piece of chicken to the side...

Photobucket

Friday I had a smoothie...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some fried okra and a half of a baked sweet potato.

Photobucket

Some plums and raw peas...

Photobucket

Some more okra...

Photobucket

Lo mein...

Photobucket

and watermelon...

Photobucket

Saturday I had a smoothie...

Photobucket

Some wrapper things - I don't know what they are really called. My husband put cheese, mushrooms and onions in them and wrapped them up and fried them.

Photobucket

Then I made a drink with 2 pears and the juice of a pound of tangerines with a little ice. This was YUMMY!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While I was making this I took a photo of the new dishes my husband bought, which I had to wash. They aren't new, but they are new to me. He got the whole set for $5.00. I told him they are ugly, but I'm not picky. :) We gave about half of them away though, because the set was too many for us.

Photobucket

For supper last night we had more wrapper things. We are having more tonight. We are trying to get rid of all of the cooked food in the house.

Photobucket

For snack we had grapes...

Photobucket

and zucchini chips (dehydrated).

Photobucket

For breakfast today we had a smoothie...

Photobucket

And I made some toasted pita chips for later to have with a salad. I don't like pita bread unless it's toasted, so I toasted it to get rid of it. It's been sitting here for a few days.

I just cut them up into pieces...

Photobucket

and get some olive oil and add some spices to it (paprika, curry, turmeric, blended herbs, steak seasoning, etc.) and brush it onto the pita, and let it bake just until it's a little crispy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They will be yummy. I had about three just to test them. :)

And I just now finished the best smoothie made from a banana, frozen durian and frozen strawberries (with filtered water).

Photobucket

It was so think, cold and refreshing, just like a milkshake, but without the dairy! :) YUMMY!

Photobucket

Please check back again in a few days. Hopefully I will have lost some of this steroid-induced weight.

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment