Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day Eighty Nine of My Health Journey

Well I have continued to eat cooked food, and I am all swollen. I have gained three pounds of fluid retention. Yesterday I posted a link to a documentary on my Facebook called The Beautiful Truth, and a conversation got started and here is the last thing that comment that I posted:

I think we are up to part 9 now. It's a really great video. At one point they measure the living energy coming out of a carrot compared to the living energy of a carrot, which ...has been steamed for 10 minutes. The raw carrot is emitting energy from all around itself, but the steamed carrot has very little energy. I can imagine that a boiled or roasted carrot would have no living energy. We really had a serious talk this morning about giving up meat (for the most part - I am not saying I won't stop eating it period) but we decided that we just don't want to eat meat that much anymore. Lately we haven't been sleeping good at all. Granted, we eat late, but when we eat something light that is a HUGE difference. I also know that bread sits heavy and doesn't digest, also disrupting sleep, and not only does it sit heavy and disrupt sleepy, but heavy meals that just sit there and that are slow to digest actually stagnate in the body and disrupt homeostasis (the body's balance), which the Chines call Qi. It's very damaging. About 12 or 13 years ago I worked 2nd shift in a factory, would go home and cook and eat a heavy meal. I was sick all the time. My stomach would feel like it was actually on fire, I would throw up and have diarrhea. So I was at the doctor's office all the time. He thought that I had an ulcer so he made me go and drink that chalky drink and have my GI tract imaged. There was nothing that showed up, and so he generalized that I had a spastic colon. It was merely my eating habits of eating heavy cooked foods at night, and they stagnating in my body, and I can tell by the heaviness and lack of sleep that I am headed down that road again if something's not done about it. So that's what been on our minds lately, and we have decided to make some real changes. Plus we just want to get away from all the poisons in processed foods, and add more living energy to our diet. I consider myself pretty high raw now, but really eat just as much cooked. Today my doctor gave me two referrals - one to a pulmonologist for my asthma and one for a rheumtologist for suspected autoimmune disease, possibly lupus. High raw doesn't cut it. It's all raw or nothing - I have found out.
So my husband and I are really down in eating cooked foods right now, especially meat and bread. It's just taken our sleep and made us feel terrible. I told him, after a meal of fried chicken and biscuits the other night that I felt like someone stuffed rags in my stomach. That night I barely slept and had the same feeling half of the next day.  So we are going to make our biggest attempt yet to be raw. Everything we see, and every bad experience we feel with our bodies motivates us a bit more.

I can't remember until yesterday, Wednesday what we had when, so I will just start there with the explanations, and add pictures only up to that point.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, yesterday was easy. We fasted until about 4 o'clock, because we went to the doctor, and I knew that she would be wanting to take our blood. So we only had water until we left the office, and then we went to Panera's my favorite restaurant. I had the chicken frontega. YUM!

Photobucket

Here's another view.

Photobucket

I don't know that I will ever give these up, but we don't have them that often. The last time I had one was when i came back from Tennessee at the first of May. :)


Last night we had a tiny, tiny piece of steak each and a little pasta...

Photobucket

and I had a brownie that I got at Panera's.

Photobucket

Today I have only had water and a cup of peppermint tea with honey and half of a banana. I'm getting hungry, so I'll probably eat something soon. But it will be raw. :)

Oh and I bought these books yesterday. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥
Down 22 pounds (because of water retention)

No comments:

Post a Comment