Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day Eighty Two of My Health Journey

I wish that I could come here everyday and report that I lose a pound a day, but that simply isn't the truth. It's a struggle. Yesterday we went to Manhattan, and if you have seen my last post you will know that I have now gained back three pounds. It's not fat though - my legs are pretty swollen from eating cooked foods, table salt, etc. So that's why I am doing this journey so that you can see what I eat and how I am doing and hopefully it will inspire you as I, too, see my mistakes. Yesterday we passed smoothie bars and some health food restaurants, but we were walking and I just felt that I needed something more substantial that a lot of water with some fiber to fill me up, so we sought cooked foods, and did we ever!

Tuesday, after I wrote that post I had

a sandwich...

Photobucket

I cut open a durian to freeze for ice cream and had a few bites of it. (This is what I froze - NOT what I ate.)

Photobucket

Some Japanese grapes...

Photobucket

Here's what they look like on the inside. They are very sweet and the skin is very thick - not like a normal grape. It's a bit bitter and most don't eat it, but I do - extra fiber!

Photobucket

a Korean melon...

Photobucket

a smoothie made from a banana, a coconut and some strawberries...

Photobucket

Photobucket

And for supper we had chicken wraps with snow peas and a doughnut peach. I normally don't eat that much, but now I can put away some raw food, as it's mostly water. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Let me show you want we ate yesterday...

Yesterday morning, before we left I made juice but did not take a photo because I was charging my camera for the trip.

We stopped and grabbed a piece of pizza.

Photobucket

And then later I had a hamburger and some fries. The hamburger was not well done though, so as soon as I discovered that I stopped eating it.

Photobucket

Last night we had chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, rice with lamb, a biscuit and a little sweet potato pie.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today I have had juice...

Photobucket

some more Japanese grapes and a Korean melon, which I am not going to be redundant and repost and some coconut water.

Getting back on track!

Blessings,
Kimberly ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment